Brings me too it

Sirius' POV

I bid my fair wells to Mrs Green and she had been kind enough to embrace me in a hug, a blush forming on my cheeks. I didn't wait around to see Max, I wanted I write to her and send my present to her... that and I knew she didn't want to be around me much at the moment.

They non stopped talked about her on the way home. We got back to James' and still raved on for an hour. I was suddenly too shy to talk. I was in blissful awe and felt undying pride for my friend... no, she's more than a friend... no she's the girl I had suddenly pined for.... NO Max is the only girl who knew how to keep me calm.... oh sweet Maxine Francis Green. I snuck away, my feet finding my bed and I laid down in the dark, my eyes fixated to the ceiling. I could still hear the music, I could see the blotchy red eyes after she stopped playing and took her last bow.... how broken yet relieved she looked.

Getting up, I flicked the switch on my desk lamp and let my words unfold onto the parchment. I wanted to tell her everything in person but I didn't feel it was appropriate.

Dear Maximillion.

I held your mother hand tonight as we watched you play. I knew you mentioned the piano competition for a reason. However, something still has me stumped: Jack. Why wasn't he there tonight? Why didn't he know? Why is your boyfriend not supporting you? Did you not want him to know or is that you don't feel anything for him anymore? Forgive me for all the questions but he should of been the one introducing himself to your mother and holding her hand.

None the less, I was so happy to be beside her and watch you play. Your father would have been so proud, just like me. In the year I've known you, you have grown more and more in character... you always surprise me.

The fear I have for our friendship is one that I'm fighting for. Mark my words, I will protect you and your mother with my life.

Enclosed is my Christmas and birthday gift to you. Please don't avoid me anymore.... I promise I'll stop the smoking... and I miss our adventures.

Yours, always
S

I wrapped the letter against the present and found James' owl to deliver it back to our little street. A place I hate but love at the same time.

I held back in my letter. I wanted to admit so much mushy gooey love crap but it wasn't the right time yet.
After all, I'm still only grasping the idea of it.... but what is there to grasp though? Max was like a smack in the face! A surprise none the less but it leaves a gentle and nice sting.

There was: stood outside that class room, up to no good, smoking my 3rd one and she flew into my vision and didn't fly back out. Seeing her that day at the end of 5th year, I felt blinded and couldn't see. I remember thinking that I was insane when I returned home for the summer and saw her walk down our road into her house just a few rows away. I knew then I had to talk to her. Within the week of returning to Hogwarts, I followed her down the lake, watching her hair swish and bounce as she sat against the tree. I found the boys and hung around with them at Hagrid's hut for an hour before taking a walk back to the lake; she was fast asleep. Worried, I stomped on a twig to wake her. I got a glimpse of them then. Her grey eyes looming at me and flicked a shy smile straight at me. It was the eyes. I saw myself and knew she was going to be an odd one. She was going to be interesting. And I was then when she said her first words, I wanted to hear her talk at me until the stars would drop down from the sky.

Hopeless and sad romantic... but she brings me to it.