How to be an Apple Picker

So, I was sitting around, trying to get some inspiration to write a story. Right, now, I'm feeling pretty confident about this. I was listening to Never Shout Never (My favorite band ever) and I got this idea for no reason. But anywho, I'm excited to share it with you. I hope you like it! This book is partially based off of ideas from Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson, so I 100% think you should check that book out!

PROLOGUE

Aiden’s P.O.V.

      It wasn’t the first time that I'd been caught red-handed putting a packet of laxatives into a teacher's coffee, Mrs.Brigs' this time around, but it was the first they'd chosen to actually do something about it. I stepped into the school office and plopped down onto one of the blue leather seats, warm from the previous delinquent, expecting the normal rant about how childish and stupid I was being. They were going to tell me about how I could be sent to jail for doing that and laxatives are nothing to mess around with. 

      That's what I thought was going to happen

      My parents sighed simutaniously as they stepped into the chilly room, their eyes sending me a stone cold glare. This was the second time that week that they were called in for behavioral problems. The first time it had been for a different issue, though. "What did he do this time, Mr.Peters?" My mom asked tiredly as she addressed my principle. He folded his hands in his lap as he looked at my parents, back at me, then back to my parents.

      He took a sip of his coffee before proceeding to speak. "He was caught early this morning putting laxatives into one of our english teacher's coffee."

      My mom's head turned to me. "Is that true, Aiden?" I nodded my head, and stared at my twittling thumbs. Just get on with it already.

     "This is the second time this week, and fifth time this month, Mr.Gear." Mr.Peter's eyes pierced mine. "School policies say that I expel you."

      I could hear my mom gulp, and grip the back of my chair to keep from toppling over. "Mr.Pe-"

     "But," he cut her off, "There is another option. You can take a 3-week out of school suspention, and perform community service that whole time. I have three places that are looking for help."

      "Continue..." My dad nodded.

      "One of them is Ben's Mechanics, a few blocks down. It's a car repair company. There's also that hair salon called Beauty United, but I'm sure you're not interested in that one." My parents let out a hard chuckle. "The last option is about an hour away out on the country side, so you'd have to live in the dorm rooms that they informed us of having on their website. It's Mr.Debree's apple orchard, you've probably seen him around once or twice."

      There was a dead silence as everyone stared at me for an answer. "Yeah, I think I'd rather be expel-"

       "Of course Aiden's going to choose community service. Make your pick Aiden, or I'll choose for you." My mom said as she smiled, but on the inside I knew she was about ready to choke me.

       I debated the first and last options in my head. Atleast I could get away from my dumbass parents with the last option. "Know what, I think I'm gonna choose the farm. At least I won't have to be around you assholes." I expected some sort of glare for my snide remark, but Mr.Peters just neatend the papers on his desk.

       "Alright, It's settled. Tomorrow morning you're going to start working at the Debree's farm." He said, and folded his hands again. "Thank you for your time, Mr. and Mrs.Gear, you're all dismissed. Aiden, get back to class." I nodded as I stood up and pulled up my sagging pants, then exited with my parents.

       They didn't even say goodbye as they turned down the hall and exited the building. I flipped my hair as I turned on my heels and paced back to class, two million things running through my brain.

~~~~~~~

So, did you like it? I sure hope so! Please leave me some comments below, thanks! ♥