Pros and Cons

The air outside was warmer and the hike down from the owlery was exhausting. I spent the morning there writing a letter to Mum to let her know I was safe and also mapping out pros and cons of the idea of falling for bad boy Black.

Cons:
- His terrible smoking habits
- His obsession with his hair and stubble
- His lack of understanding for safety
- His poor homework/work grades
- His unfortunate scary cousins
- His loud burps after dinner and breakfast
- His smelly farts he would sneak up on us
- His arrogance
- His bad temper and short fuse
And lastly:
- His relationship reputation.

I could of listed more but I don't have all morning! Now for the pros!

Pros:
- His charm towards my mother - she won't shut up about him now
- His protectiveness towards James and the others
- His empathy
- His stupid flirty puns
- His breath taking smile
- His ugly but oddly arousing tattoos (he bloody got more...)
- His passion to Quidditch
- His embrace and surprise hugs
- His confidence
And of course
- it's him.

I kept the list in my bag for times when I needed to keep myself in check. I was day dreaming as I travelled back down and before I knew it, my foot slipped on a rock and my nose made contact with the boulder beside me. Letting out a blood curdling cry of pain, I clutched my nose and felt sick at the sight of blood. I groaned angry, kicking and cursing at myself for being such an idiotic klutz because I was to busy day dreaming about whether Sirius was being genuine about liking me or if he was just looking for a chance to hook up a little. I stained my school shirt, glaring at everyone as I passed them in the court yard and into the castle.
I saw Lily sat at the table with James, Remus, Sirius and a Ravenclaw girl from Lily's study group. I stomped into the great hall, my eyes watering from the exploding pain in the centre of my face. The Ravenclaw was half way through laughing and giving goo goo eyes at Sirius until she saw me and covered her mouth. It probably looked as if a paint can had exploded on me.... or a body filled with grenades flew at me.

"Maxine!!" Lily shrieked, grabbing my elbows and pulling me down towards her, trying to pry my hand away from my nose to see the damage. My nose was probably hanging on the boulder too! It was a hard blow and I felt like I could pass out at any moment. James kept my head propped up and before I knew it Sirius was behind me, supporting my back in case I did faint

"What were you doing, you accident prone sack of shit!" Sirius snorted in my ear. With a swift elbow jab, I groaned at him and looked at James, who was also waiting for the answer.

"I fell, I was too busy daydreaming about S.. about Slughorn's potion essay" it sounded very nasal and unidentifiable but they all smirked at me, minus the girl who still had no idea what was going on.

"Bad timing, but what do you think Black? I'm finishing up with Lily and Andrew later then I'm free to hang out?" Her girly voice irked me and I didn't want to show it, but I put on a moment of groaning to draw Sirius' attention away from her. She was unbelievably stunning. How annoying.

"Thanks Claire but looks like I'm playing nurse with this one today. You nargle" He kept his eyes focused on me, not a moment in her direction even though the response was for her. I blinked at him, curious of his intentions but the pain was getting a little too much now. I gripped James' hand and Remus' too for dear life and let out a cry of pain

"Hospital wing. Now!" The four ordered and like that I passed out.

- - - - // - - - -

"Look at that! Brand new! Still gorgeous as ever!"

"Padfoot mate, you do know how to choose them"

"Whatever do you mean Prongs, me old chum."

"You two would make a delicious couple but I didn't actually think you loved the girl... I thought you just fancied her a bit!"

My eyes were closed and I felt sore but I was very conscious to the sounds around me.

"Honestly, she could punch me and tell me to fuck off and I'd still run after her just to feel her punch me again. Dude you were exactly like it with Evans! Loved her the second you saw her. I'm like that with Max, only I was better at hiding it, however as time grew on and I spent more time with her... I can't hold myself back anymore. Prongs. She's incredible."

I felt like a kid spying on their parents as they hid the presents they got you for Christmas. It felt wrong listening but it was too late, I couldn't just wake up then, he's know I was listening....

My stomach fluttered and I wanted to smile. Maybe falling for him wasn't such a bad idea.