#1: Salty Breeze

The greatest adventures don't start out with applications and waivers, Sorey was starting to realize as he stared out at the vast sea that reflected the blue hue of the sky. It was a kind of blue that reminded him of his beloved's hair and the way it shimmered reminded him of the Amethyst pools that all he had to do was look up to meet in their reflection. The waves were delicate and cool just like the hand that held onto his own and it raised a low sigh of contentment from the brunet's lips as he closed his eyes. Mikleo was water.

Sorey smiled softly as he opened his eyes again to the light sea breeze and bird songs that were nothing like the birds back in Hyland or Rolance. Not even like the Elysialark back home. It was a great feeling, sailing in the open seas with his crew again after several months of war that separated them, even if they were down by one member. They had been many places before through both land and sea, together or apart. That was simply put, their lives as merchant pirates and royal guards to Hyland, but out of all the places they'd been, this was by far still the best place to be.

There was nothing like being out at sea and enjoying the way his childhood lover stood next to him, surrounded by his element, or the breezes Zaveid sent to keep them on track. Even Dezel annoying Rose while she stood at the helm and Edna's snarky comments after finishing a look out and switching with Lailah. Sorey wouldn't want to be anywhere else when right here he was surrounded by everything that defined who Mikleo is, as well as surrounded by the people he called family. 

This was the happiest place to be, he concluded, even with all the imperfections of it.