Book 1 Discovery

Chapter 1

Chen Zhen was scared to death. He was on a flight over the Himalayan mountains returning home from a business trip. The plane was experiencing extreme turbulence and was shaking nonstop. His worse fear has always been flying. But he still did it because his job required him to. The captain and stewardess's were walking up and down the aisles reassuring everyone that this was normal and there was nothing to fear. But Chen Zhen just couldn't get over the feeling that something bad was about to happen. The stewardess had just handed him another cocktail when he looked out the window right side of the plane and saw lightning flash past the wing of the plane. As he kept watching he began to feel that his eyes were playing tricks on him. Because he could have swore he saw lightning in the shape of a dragon rising into the clouds.

As he continued to stare dumbfounded the lightning dragon once again swooped down. It opened its ten meter wide mouth and bite the wing off the plane. Chen Zhen though that he must be dreaming. This wasn't really happening. As the plane pitched wildly and stalled the force of the collision with the lightening dragon tore the plane in two. Chen Zhen sitting next to the window on the wing was ripped from the plane and sent tumbling through open space.Chen Zhen was still buckled to his seat as he fell through the air. He thought of his family, his loving wife and his two kids. He regretted that he wouldn't be there to see them grow up. He wouldn't be there to support them and love them. His wife would be left with the burden of supporting the kids and raising them alone. As Chen Zhen fell he regretted his own short life. He was only thirty years old and he felt there was so much he wanted to be able to accomplish with his life. But due to a freak storm he would no longer have that opportunity.

As Chen Zhen got closer to the ground what he originally saw as a small black dot quickly grew into a massive hole leading underground. This hole had to be over three hundred meters wide. And Chen Zhen fell right into it. As Chen Zhen was about to plunge into this unknown abyss a the lightning dragon roared passed him suddenly charging back to where it came from. As the lightning dragon passed him a wisp of it's being flew into Chen Zhen's body. This tiny wisp instantly over whelmed his consciousness and he blacked out Ashe plunged into the cavernous hole.

Chen Zhen slowly regained consciousness and found that he was still strapped to his plane seat falling thru the depths of the abyss. He didn't know how long he had been out for, but his hunger pains made him believe it was days. As he looked ahead of him he saw what looked like a star at first, but several hours later he noticed it getting steadily bigger. He also noticed a change in the smell to the air. The wind blowing past his face seemed to be fresher and carry a vibrancy to it. As he fell closer to this new portal sounds started to reach his ears. But it was not a welcoming sound. The explosions he could hear were becoming louder and more frequent. As Chen Zhen pictured his coming death the only thought that was in his head was, " I'm falling into a battlefield?"

Chen Zhen had given up all hope of surviving this fall, so hearing the enormous battle taking place didn't phase him very much. At most it sparked his curiosity. What could be in this strange new world he was plummeting into? How advanced was their technology? Could the hollow earth theories be true? If one word could be used to describe Chen Zhen's personality it would be curious. He was always driven to know and understand things. He was always motivated by the phrase, " Knowledge is Power". He felt that accurately described life. The more you understood about the world around you the less fear you had. Now sometimes the more you knew the more you did fear something, but that was solely because you know your own limitations very well. You wouldn't do anything you knew was beyond your capabilities. Once we knew about gravity and its constant effect on pulling things toward the ground, we realize that a fall from certain heights are no longer just painful but deadly. We fear heights because we know we can't fly, not because we are scared of gravity.

Chen Zhen was imagining all kinds of scenario's that would play out before his eyes as he passed thru the whole in the sky and into unknown world. But what he saw shocked and disappointed him at the same time. There were not futuristic jet fighters, or alien looking UFO's battling in the skies. There was just a golden scaled dragon that was fighting a reddish-gold three-legged crow. The dragon was easily a hundred meters long. Its head and mouth could swallow a city bus with ease. The three-legged crow was just as magnificent. It had a wing span of eighty meters. From his height they looked like two toy dolls battling in the sky. Their auras were so strong that from thousands of feet away Chen Zhen could feel the pressure from them constricting his body. The more he fell the harder it became for him to breath. As Chen Zhen's body was starting to shut down from lack of oxygen that thin tiny wisp of dragon lightning began to circulate within his body of it's own accord. It began slowly at first relieving the pressure on his heart and lungs. As soon as Chen Zhen could breath again he sucked in huge mouthfuls of air. The air was very vibrant and continuously nourished his body. Earth is a void world where Heaven and Earth Yuan qi is deficient. The Heaven and Earth Yuan qi was like a wonder drug for Chen Zhen body. His skin, blood and marrow greedily absorbed yuan qi as that wisp of dragon lightning circulated out from his dantian through his meridians and back into his dantian completing one circulation.

The aura of the divine dragon carried the dragon lightning within it. The aura of the three-legged crow carried the burning flame of the celestial Phoenix. As Chen Zhen fell closer the pressure of these two Titanic auras started to force open tears in his skin. Chen Zhen's body was trying to heal itself as the wisp of dragon lightning kept circulating and giving his body nourishment and energy. When Chen Zhen was about a thousand feet away the divine dragon suddenly sensed the wisp of dragon lightning circulating inside of Chen Zhen. The divine dragon made the mistake of allowing itself to be distracted. The three-legged crow took this opportunity to attack its nemesis with all its remaining power. It opened it wings up wide and an immense celestial fire qi filled its body. The surrounding temperature instantly raised over six hundred degrees for the next three seconds. This was all the time it needed. Its body flashed across the sky like a shooting star. The divine dragon realized its mistake too late. The divine dragon only had enough time to brace for impact before the three-legged crow impacted into him igniting its celestial fire qi. The explosion was like a nuclear bomb.