Chapter 1

The fire spread quickly across the room. It's blue flames flickered dangerously towards him, teasing the moment when it would finally reach him. He pulled his legs closer, knowing that it would be pointless. His teammates couldn't reach him with the door closed and various parts of the ship blocking it at the same time. That coupled with the fire, he knew he wouldn't be getting out of their without a serious injury.

His head fell to his knees, the urge to cry stronger than anything else at the moment. Lance knew it was stupid to cry in such a situation, he knew that his teammates would do anything to get to him. But rationality in this situation was lost to him.

The heat of the fire made his armour grow warmer and sweat started to form. He was tempted to take his armour off to avoid the sticky feeling from the sweat, but knew that would cause more harm to him than anything else. The fire would burn his skin if he didn't have the armour which was resistance towards many things. If he remembered correctly, Coran spoke of how Allura's father made it so, so that the team wouldn't have to worry about each other in case they lost track of each other on a mission.

A tiny smile came and went on Lance's face. If the team didn't reach him in time, he would never hear Coran's stories again. He may have been way older than Lance, but somehow they clicked together. It was like one of his relationships with his older cousins. You could tell them anything and they would offer comfort in return.

Just as he felt the tears pool in his eyes, he heard a crashing sound from outside the door. He lifted his head up, seeing a few dents that weren't there before. Lance moved his hands to wipe at his eyes, not wanting to have his fear shown in front of the team. He definitely didn't want to give them any fuel to the fire that he would be useless on the team.

There was more crashing sounds from outside the door, the dents size increasing with each blow. Just as the blue flames would have reached Lance, the door burst open and in flooded in an unknown Galra with armour to protect them from the flames. The only thing that was left without any protection was their hands, most likely left that way to open or close doors on their ships with ease.

Quickly racing across the room, the fire unable to harm them, the Galra pulled Lance into their arms. Before he could protest anything, the unknown Galra made his way out of the room. Still Lance tries to wiggle his way out the hold once they left the room, not wanting to be a captive. But the strength of the Galra was far stronger than any human hoped to get out of.

Still that gave him the option to talk his capture's ears off. If his mother's jokes about his talkative nature were right, than he could get out of this quicker than going through a wormhole.

"Hey is it just me or was that a hot entrance?" The Galra stopped for a moment. Lance mentally cheered and went even further. "Because being rescued like that has got to get somebody into your muscular arms."

He waited for some sort of reaction to his false flirting. While he may flirt with many of the aliens he came across, flirting with a Galra part of the Empire wasn't part of that at all. For a few moments the hallway was silent. Then he heard the voice of his capture.

"I suppose it could have been one. Though I doubt it was me who caused such a warm feeling to spread through the room my dear." The Galra said, the helmet muffling the voice a bit. But it was enough for Lance to get a general idea of how they sounded. It made his heart speed just a bit faster and how he hated his heart for doing so.

"Or maybe it was the both of us? I bet you have a beautiful face under that helmet." Lance said back. There was a rushed feel to the words he said, but better than stammering them out.

There was a hearty chuckled from his capture. "I hope you'll stick to this conclusion once you find out who I really am. After all you are a paladin of Voltron. Here to save the universe from the Empire's horrible invasion."