Just... kiss me you idiot

By the end of the night, I was wrapped up in him. We stood at the doorstep of the castle, covering ourselves from the rain. I wanted to stay there and soak but Sirius and his precious hair protested. He held my hips to him, his smile wrapping around us and our arms intertwined with each other.

"Anything else, you want to show me, other than you turning into your dog form and chasing the birds in the forbidden forest?" I sweetly laughed, enjoying the moment of being in his arms.

"Yes... Close your eyes first" He muttered, his eyes glazed with lust just like mine earlier that morning in the great hall. I knew he was going for the kiss but I had other plans. Without warning him, I yanked his arms hard, pulling us out into the pounding rain. The last time we stood soaking like this he laughed at me, questioning if I had a crush on him. He glared at me, the rain drowning us in less than a second. Standing there shivering, we found ourselves lost in the moment of realisation. He remembered the memory of our argument months ago, the stress I felt for our friendship, the fear of getting hurt for knowing him, the worry for my father.

"What are you thinking? You look scared!" Sirius had to yell over the rain, wanting to take a step towards me. I shook my head and tucked my wet stands behind my ear.

"We're crazy to think this would be okay.... They're right Sirius. We're the complete opposite. I got beaten the shit out of for just being your friend. If we... we let our emotions go further, I could... I'm selfish for this but I don't want to get hurt. I don't want her to get hurt too." I turned away from him, staring at the water fountain.

"YOU'RE crazy to think that I'm okay with that idea, Maxine. I'm going to keep you safe! You're my best friend... and I'm crazy about you. Don't fear for us because I'm not gonna let them touch you. Never again." He jogged over to me and turned me into his chest.

"But-"

"No. Just..... kiss me you idiot" He shook his head, his hand gravitating towards my neck and my lips like magnets to his lips. I didn't freeze this time, I pulled myself arms up around his neck and wrapped him tight to me. Just in this one moment, I felt more love than I ever did in the few months I was with Jack. Guess I didn't know real love until now. I didn't know what I was lacking in. Sirius was the most human I had ever witnessed from him and I was completely and utterly in love with it.

"You've changed... It's so different." I sighed, my forehead against his. He chuckled and poked my rib.

"So have you, madam. We both have.... because of each other." He lifted his head, him towering over me slightly.

"Yeah.... you turned me into a mouth little child and you? Well, you still have that disgusting smoking habit but you haven't been with a single girl this year apart from dating Marlene. I'm impressed! Maybe your nickname 'gigolo' will finally drop" Before I could finish my insult, I was swept up and thrown over his shoulder. In fits of giggles, he pulled me inside the castle as set me down. Students passed us, eyes wondering to our soaking wet winter clothing and our close proximity. We could see each other's grey eyes now that we were in the light, a beam of a smile coming from the dark head beauty looking down at me.

"So, I heard James asked Lily out today also... how did it go?" I sneakily curled my finger around his, holding it slightly. People still watched us, some girls stopping in corners to watch us.

"Well, he came back practically crying with joy because she kissed him. I'll probably join him later" Sirius joked, but I felt a hint of truth from him. Surely he can't feel that strongly towards me? I watched his eyes flicker again, knowing he wanted to feel close to me but knowing how scared I was about everyone, he refrained. It was my turn. He told our friends about us being friends, which naturally got out, so now it's my turn to not be afraid of how I feel and unafraid of how others will react. Rising on my tip toes, I grabbed the collar of his muscle hugger jumper and pulled him down to me, his lips collided with mine.

It was him that froze this time, his eyes locked on mine as I closed them. Everyone can watch all they want. I wanted to show him that I cared about him more than just our strange friendship. I was sure then... I was in love. Catching up, his arms snaked around my back and pulled me to his chest. Wolf whistles, giggling and gasps were our background music coxing us further, smiles mixing in with the passionate kiss. I pulled away, my head spinning slightly and leaving a dazed grin on the sex-driven adolescent.

I turned my head over my shoulder, seeing a mix of different faces; The grins and happy shocked looks of our best friends coming down to have dinner, The glares and horrified growls of Sirius' cousins, an amused little brother peering at his big brother with a look of impressiveness, a sad and crushed ex-boyfriend and groups of girls pouting and huffing.

It was a change that was either going to bring the biggest light to our lives or bring fear and pain to mine. Either way, I was ready because I was falling deeper and deeper into the black pit. I'm never going to climb out.... nor do I want to.