Hell on Earth

An inferno began. Crimson flames engulfed the large house. The house stood out like a white oak tree in between a forest of cedars. A man stepped out of the tree infested grounds. He stared up at the house caught up in the midst of flames. It was engulfed like a separate atmosphere. His coffee-colored eyes strained to stare at the spreading flame. Gray wolf's fur began to peel away from the lion's mane that held it's prey. Blood floated from the prey and into the lion's mane. The wolf grew farther into the air. The man owned this house.

"No... No... No, this isn't happening..."

His voice rang out in worry. It cracked the silence in the air,  along with the occasional crackle of the wood hit the man's instincts. He frantically ran away from his shelter from the angry flame and into the growing storm of heat. He was on the brink of the patio when a window collapsed. That was the room of his daughter. His only daughter. ONLY child. 

"Oh no.  Lily!"

He ran faster and touched the doorknob. It was ablaze. He couldn't open it. He tried to barge in as he forcefully pushed his shoulder against the green door. The wood splintered open, only a slight bit though. With a final push, he opened the door. He stepped away as an emerging blaze tried to follow him out. There was no way he could go through without getting harmed. His mind was based on Lily. He raced down the deck to his other door. The glass wasn't harmed. He peaked in. Only deadly smoke could be seen. The fire hadn't reached this part of the house. A nice light chair was at the end of the deck sitting in the grass. The man desperately took the chair and threw at the glass door. 

"Lily, I'm here! Where are you?"

His hand curled around his face in order to protect himself from overdosing on carbon monoxide. A scream pierced the air. It echoed throughout the house.

"Oh God, is she upstairs?", he said aloud in realization. 

He raced past into the kitchen as he heard part of the balcony of the upstairs level collapse. He couldn't look back. He bounded away cautiously. He broke open a white door that stood in front of him. That stopped him from saving his child. In relief, he saw the stairs. He gingerly began to scale up them. A young girl's voice split the air: "Dad, help!"
It was his daughter again. It was reassuring to hear her voice. 
He was about to reply back before a mouthful of smoke hit the back of his throat. It stung. His eyes were bloodshot red from staying in the air polluted house. He climbed up the stairs farther. 

"I'm coming, Lily!", he replied. "Just hold on!"

As he reached the peak of the stairs he saw the floor was lit with more fire. He wanted to run faster to his daughter but, fatigue was getting to him. Thankfully her door was no more than seven meters away. Another shriek from Lily's voice struck the air. 

"I'm here, Lily! I'm here!"

He crouched under a piece of the structure and into the final area. He looked at Lily's door full of drawings and butterflies. He opened the door with ease. 

"Lily?"

There was no smoke blanket to cover her room. She must be fine, but where was she? The father looked around the room. She was probably scared and hiding. He demanded her to come out. Maybe a demanding voice was too much for a scared young girl to handle. 
"Lily! Where are you? I'm here! Dad's here...", his voice trailed out. Sweat fell down his face. 

"You weren't here for me Dad"

The man turned around to look at his child. His Lily. A pang of hurt, realization, and guilt struck him. There was his daughter. Her clover green eyes, pale skin complexion, black short hair, and freckled face was there. Right in his eyes. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She was breathing heavily. She was in her white nightgown with pink flowers speckled on them along with a pair of purple pants. The father who was dressed nice work clothes consisting of, a blue shirt and black tie with gray jeans, bent down with his arms out with a welcoming hug awaiting her. She eagerly bounced into his hug.

Then her arms grappled onto his shoulders. Hot searing pain spread through his upper body. Her grasp was so sturdy for a young child.
"Lily! No!" This pain, it was unbearable. Her arms were lit to flames. Her head hung low and all he could see was her pitch black hair. He voice began to rise. "You didn't save me!"

Her eyes were rotting. Red burned around her eyes. Her vengeance rose onto him. The fire burned all over his body now. It spread. He cried in agony as stuff from Lily's room began to lift into the air. It spiraled upward and into the moon. The fire began to shape Lily's new face. She had no eyelids and her hair began to fall out. Her face shined with strands of red meat and her pale skin mixed as it began to drip off like wax off her face.