An Ode To Death

.1. Oh appendage covered with squiggling white maggots, your majestic in your own way.

.2. You are on a plane of death, that grows life.

.3. Oh the maggot, that feeds off of rotten flesh lives for a long time, sustaining itself on spoiled, boiling organs.

.4. You, Death's grand, filthy pet creatures, attach yourself to his Cloak, slowly crawling up to his fleshless face, and hiding in the empty sockets of his eyes.

.5. He strides into the world, collects dead souls, and leaves you white fodder to burrow into the freezing cadaver. Oh, you wicked animals you...

.6. Black and white meet in Death's sorrow, to converse with Hell's court, the place filled with spiders and nightmares.

.7. And as the gods of misery, sorrow, and deception fly through the eternal halls of mortar, they sing a gaunting lullabye. "Umbra en unmei est.." (Darkness is destiny established.)

.8. Oh how cruel they are, with wongs of bone, covered in dry blood, and maggots that cry for Mercy... but Mercy will help them no more.

.9. One by one, hear them shout for the Hope that they wish for.

.10. I wish they realized hope will never come for forgiveness.

.11. On the day that is night, for the stars that are light, carry a wish in your melody.

.12. When Death is finally in his bed, he's there to sleep with the Nightmares, place a kiss so sweetly on his brow, and accept his hatred as your own, leaving him to sleep in peace, for the only one eternal night.

.13. He only does his job so well, he needs to say goodnight.

.14. Say goodbye to a thousand faces and hello to a night of fright.

.15. Just remember the split of his face, and the web he uses to lie. He will come for you sooner than you think.