Chapter 1

"Yoo! What's up Kent!"
"KJ! What's going on man!"
"Heyyyy Kent."
          The voices of all the young students of Thompson County High School drown out the hallway as the one and only Kent Johnson makes it his way down the hall. KJ was that one kid in school that everyone wanted to be around. He got along with everyone. The students loved him, the teachers loved him, even the one janitor that spoke to no one would nod his head at him when he would see him.

As Kent makes his way to his locker, he's approached by Cal, KJ's best friend from back in elementary school. Cal's family has always been close to Kent's, so it was only natural for the two to be close themselves.
"What's up bro?" Cal asked as he walked up with his hand out, ready to do their childhood handshake. "What's good man?" Kent said as he met Cal's hand with his own.

"Nothing much. I'm so ready for tonight. I heard the football game is supposed to be extra packed. You coming to the game?"

"Of course," KJ said showing all of his perfect white teeth with his huge, goofy smile. "I found a co-worker at my job to take my shift tonight, so I'm good to go."

"You know who's going to be there too?"

"Bro, let it go." Kent says as his goofy smile turns into a face full of annoyance.

"C'mon man! She's the hottest girl in school, and she basically throws herself at you. These other guys around here would kill to be in your spot."
"I'd give them the gun myself." KJ jokes.

Before Cal could continue his plead, the bell for the last class of the day rung and all of the other students immediately rushed to their classes. Cal started to walk away and just before he went around the corner he paused and looked at KJ.

"Not all girls are like her ya' know."
KJ just stood there.
"I'll talk to you later bro," Kent finally said as he threw his book-bag around his shoulder and closed his locker.

Cal was referring to Kent's ex-girlfriend, Lexi. Lexi Palms. Her and Kent had dated for several years. From 6th grade all the way to the 9th. Though they were young, their relationship matured just as much as they did. They were the one couple everyone thought would never break up, and would actually end up getting married. That was until the Christmas break of 9th grade year. To sum it up, she ended up cheating on him. It tore the guy to pieces. Despite that, he still tried to make things work. He loved her just that much. When he was finally able to talk to her and ask her why she did it, she couldn't give him an answer. All she ever said was "I don't know..." with this pitiful look on her face. That's probably what destroyed him the most. The girl he loved the most, with no hesitation, cheated and left him. Every since then, Kent was never the same. He had eventually gotten better and was able to get out of the bubble of depression he had blown up around hisself, but emotionally, he's as scarred as they come. Till this day, he's shut out just about every girl that tried to get with him. The kid has trust issues of an abandoned child. He's spent the last few years building up walls around his heart with no intentions of ever breaking them down.