Chapter 1

(the only chapter LMAOOOOO and this is all in Yamaguchi's POV)

I was only six when I met him.  A spirit named Kei Tsukishima who lives in a forest, where they said there were many spirits. I was just wandering around and then I saw him. I felt so speechless, I haven't even seen his face yet.

I remember he wore a mask of some kind, covering his unknown face, but its strange how he wore glasses behind the mask. Won't it be difficult for him though?  

I laughed at the thought. I only realized that though, my six year old self wouldn't realize that. 

I remembered how his blonde hair would move in sync as the wind hits our skin. 

I remembered how he said, "I'm a spirit. If a human touches me I would disappear." 

I remembered the feeling of shock and sadness, "If someone like me touches him, he disappears?! I want to give him a hug but he'll disappear.."

I remember that each summer, we promised each other that we would meet again. 

I remember how we chased each other throughout the forest and when I tried to touch him he would hit me on the head with a stick.

I remember when I first met him we both held a stick so that we wouldnt separate and I wouldnt get lost.

I remember my first reaction when he took off his mask. I was 12, i wanted to congratulate him for being the most gorgeous person I have ever met, but he'll think im stupid or weird.

I remember how he asked me to go to the summer festival. For spirits.

"A summer festival?! for spirits? Its just like what my uncle said!" I exclaimed.

I remember he laughed, his angelic soft laugh. It wasn't sarcastic, it wasn't forced. It was an amazing time.

I remember when I jokingly asked, "Is this a date?" Then he surprisingly answered, "Yes. Its a date"  I remember how it felt. It was the most happiest day of my life.

I remember when he told me how humans would mix in and pretend like a spirit. 

I remember when the spirits would point at us and tease us for being a couple. Im glad they dont care about genders. 

I remember how we were going for a walk, then these two children came running.

I was skeptical that maybe they were humans, then it hit me, the most dreadful  moment of my life.

I remember how he took the child by the hand as he fell. 

I remember seeing him starting to disappear and exclaiming, "I can hug you now!" 

Tears came streaming down my face as i hug him. 

I felt his figure, but it went away in milliseconds. 

I was not hugging Kei Tsukishima. I wasn't hugging the spirit I fell in love with. I wasn't hugging the boy I knew my whole life. The boy I waited for and thought of everyday. The boy that I was thinking about,  every summer, every spring, every autumn, every winter, no it wasnt him. I was not hugging and embracing the one i expected to see every year.

I was hugging air. I was hugging nothing, but myself and his leftover clothing. 

Tears soaked up the clothing and blurred my vision. I heard his orbs say, "I love you"

But I replied with tears and inaudible words. 

The image of the one I loved, will be imprinted in my brain, his image disappearing into thin air and turning into a beautiful aqua colored orb.

~

I stand here today, outside where he would wait for me. Tears streaming down my face, I stand in front of the forest.

"I'm waiting for you, Tsukki!"