Dedication and terror

Should I be angry? Regulas thought to himself, amsit the screams of his mother and the thump of his brother. Should I do something? Can I?

He cowered within his room hurdled within his green blanket and face covered by his green pillow case. Everything within his room were unfortunate shades of green, it pleased his parents so he didn't dare take it down.

He was not his brother, Regulas knew, he would never be anything like Sirius. No matter what he did.

He closed his eyes determined to ignore his mothers screams of fury and curses.  His heart thumped painfully in his chest as the overwhelming sense of fear seemed to take root within the pit of his stomach and grew out faster than a weed could even dream of.

He gasped painfully as his brothers screams of pain erupted into the crisp air. Crackling soon followed and he shuddered.

Please stop. He thought to himself viciously as tears threatened to spill out. He curled in on himself further not wanting to hear nor feel so helpless in the situation as he did now.

Thoughts of perhaps being angry with his mother were long forgotten as the screams grew louder and harder. Fear and sadness soon replaced the anger he once felt.

Anger was a strong feeling he knew, but fear was all consuming and he was falling victim to its terrible grasp on his heart.

Г__________________________________________¬

Maybe this was the moment where everything went wrong with him. Regulas remembered this moment with a certain detachment that would have concerned anyone else. But to him it was as normal as cursing a house elf. Which was to say a common occurence.

But when he really certainly thought of it, events started to add up and he felt exactly what many felt at that point. Regret for what he did not know and what he couldn't have possibly have known.

Not that he would ever be blamed for this particular action. Bending the knee to his lord was happily received from friends and family alike.

Or the family that mattered that is. Sirius when receiving the news of his brother taking the mark would retreat to his room and mourn his baby brother like he had just passed.

This in its self would have hurt Regulas far more than he could comprehend if he only knew. But he didn't. And that is what matters here.

But the mark was his all consuming thought as he stared his lord down with those cold dead eyes.

Maybe I should show how greatfull I am for this opportunity, Regulas ildly thought to himself.

He smiled a queer sort of smile that unnerved all that were in the room to watch such exchange. His face was pleasent enough to look at but the smile that resided on it quickly showed intentions and thoughts far darker then what was reality...
Г__________________________________________¬

The dark lord, to say the least, was unnerved by the young man before him. It was a number of things really that ticked at his curiosity.

That strange look in his eyes, the one that spoke of many things unsaid. But perhaps it wasn't even really that, no that was what caught his interest at first. What it really was is that those unknown secrets were lies upon lies.

His eyes to many were expressive and strange and told you everything he thought. But it was a lie, somehow his eyes lied to you. They were supposed to betray him not betray you.

This alone was enough to freak him out but also intrigued the young man. For what could he really be thinking? But when he pried into the young ones brain it was precariously blank.

This made him terrified. He needed to get this boy completely devoited to his cause.  And the only way to get someone completely devoted to your cause is by having them love you...