Every Beginning Has an End

And so in life, you live moments that you'll never forget. Finishing Hogwarts school was a memory that I would always treasure; the time to say goodbye to my dorm room, my favourite spot on the sofa, the amazing feasts and the magic of the school. I stayed with my mother, taking care of her for a while after I left school. Sirius proposed that we find a flat together, to which we did close by to James and Lily's new home. They got married and it was a night we would regularly think about. Her beautiful white dress and his crazy happy smile, not to mention the tears he streamed as well. Sirius and I dance away, our own relationship blooming and growing day by day. Over time, I learnt to let go of the fear of what could happen to us and just decided to take it day by day.

The Order of the Phoenix was in top action. James, Remus, Peter and Sirius would train, alongside Lily and I to keep our defence strong against the rise of Lord Voldemort. It was a rough couple of years but things were steady. Never in my life did I imagine myself to be the kind of girl to get married. I loved romance, I thought it was beautiful, but I never sat and thought about getting married myself.... I never actually thought I'd find someone.

He stood there at the end of the aisle, the sense of deja vu relaying again as the groom cried, only this time it wasn't James. We said our vows, time freezing as we relished the moment we said our 'I do's'. My life changed from Green to Black just like that, a love that we could hold forever to our hearts. The pain that my father couldn't be there was one that stung the most but knowing that I was marrying someone so like him and who would risk his own life to save mine; my father would be proud.

Our world was blessed with the smiling and beautiful boy of James and Lily. Harry Potter. The sweet and quiet boy that melted all of our hearts. With such an honour, Sirius and I were named Godparents. A year passed and there was not a single day that was boring with that child around.

It all changed then.

With all the protection we could give the wizarding world, there wasn't enough to save us from a shadow so dark, it cut our lives up to pieces. On the night of Halloween, dear Lily and James fought with their lives to save their precious son's, greeting death as the cost with so little announcement. Somehow, some beautiful way, Harry was saved and Voldemort was gone, for now at least. The horror and pain of losing two friends so important in our lives turned our whole community upside down. Peter had left the order, Remus went away to hide, Marlene was murdered, Alice and Frank Longbottom were torture into practically non-existence and myself had suffered the pain so much so that I had miscarried a baby that Sirius had not even been given the news off yet and to top it all off... Sirius himself was blamed for the murder of Lily and James Potter and dragged from my arms to Azkaban. Not even an I love you, not even the quickest goodbye; just the hands of guards riping us two apart like two animals left in a cage to fight till the death.

I was alone. For the next 10 years without even a friend in the world to confide in.

After excepting what had become of my life, I became a healer at St. Mungo's Hospital for while, one of my patients being my closest friend Alice Longbottom, her whole life was gone under the hand of Voldemorts followers. It wasn't until I heard news of Harry turning of age that I went into a change of job. Although being his godmother, I wasn't granted custody of him as blood was thinker than a bond. I confided in my headmaster Professor Dumbledore for a position at Hogwarts as an assistant healer to Madam Pomfrey, to which he thankfully granted after a lot of begging. I remembered the first time seeing him in the great hall when he come up for his sorting. I saw James, I saw his nervous face and Lily's excited eyes. I remember holding that little boy in my arms, putting him to bed and putting him at ease. He was different to me now, he was just a complete stranger. I was still his godmother but he was not allowed to know, at least that was the orders from Dumbledore.

It was difficult seeing Harry get hurt every year, it was hard not being allowed to care for him like a mother would care for her son. He was like my son... at least I wished he was.

On the 3rd year of Harry school year there was breaking news of Sirius escaping Azkaban. Remus had become a teacher at the school and I was beside myself with joy to have my old friend close by to me once more. Dumbledore had me on lock down to the hospital wing, trying his hardest to keep me away from Harry and any news of Sirius. My heart was always pounding and I was on the verge of breaking. My husband was out there and I wasn't allowed to find him! Dumbledore and I disagreed a lot during the year, mainly about Remus and Sirius. He would refuse to let me discuss to Remus on the matter nor leave the ground at any point but being the sneaky kids we still were inside, we would meet in secret to discuss about any information we gather about Sirius.

That morning came, Harry learnt of Sirius' innocence and discovered my secret of being his Godmother, which to warm my heart, he was beyond ecstatic. They saved him that night, taking him back to the castle, Miss Granger pulled me down from my office and into the court yard where my broken, heavy unwell husband stood with our godson and a hippogriff. Meeting his sullen grey eyes for the first time I was taken back to our first day by the tree, woken suddenly by his foot stepping on a branch.

"Maxine" He pulled me towards him, our hearts aching and the sobbing began. Years gone by and not a single day went without my heart breaking for him. His dirty and rotted lips pressed to mine, a kiss long over due but so rightfully mine once more. We looked down at our godson, a picture of what should of been proud god parents greeting our godson but to great shame it was goodbye for now. Taking me away from the castle, not wasting another moment away from each other, we rode high in the sky on the hippogriff, finding the unknown to hid away.

Our old home was too dangerous so back to our street we ventured. Never having stepped a foot inside his mothers house, it was our now to take and for the hiding to commence.

Every tale needs an ending but being back in the arms of the man that everyone couldn't possibly imagine me being with felt like the beginning. I wasn't going to lose him again and for being completely opposite kinds of people ... we were perfect..

The End...?