Fleeing, Part I

I am running through the woods, fleeing for my life. You may think that this is unusual, but in 2138, most humans have been murdered by Shadow Dwellers. A Shadow Dweller hunts any human or rival species, like Skeletons or Fanged Creatures. I am surprised that it took them this long to find me again, as I have been close to their base, trying to gather information.

“You have made a bad mistake staying near us. Now you will die!” Cavil’s words echo in my head as I continue to run away from him. Cavil is a werewolf, one of the strongest species, and is one of the strongest of his species. He also has a daughter, Sarah, who seems quite timid, but will not refuse to hold back if you do something that she doesn’t like. Both are currently chasing me.

I stop at the edge of a clearing, taking cover beside two old oak trees, planning my next move. I spot Sarah, moving in the bushes directly opposite of me. I take a step back and just my luck, I break a stick, catching both Sarah’s and Cavil’s attention, the latter of which who was about 7 feet away from me.

I break into a sprint in the opposite direction, giving Cavil and Sarah chase. I had evaded them for quite a while before I ran into a tree, rendering me unconscious.