Perfect Love Story Part 1

It's been awhile since Mia bought a cup of coffee at the Coffee Shop near the office where she works. The last time she had caffeine in her system was a month ago. It was on a busy Monday. She stopped drinking coffee after she had a terrible heartburn and she later on learned it was because she has Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. It wasn't that serious, she thought, but she admitted she needed a break from caffeine and from eating unhealthy food.

Today however calls for a heavy dose of caffeine. She grabbed her purse, pressed some powder on, applied a very light shade of red lipstick, and went on her way to the coffee shop. Imbyerna sya ngayon sa boss niya pagkatapos syang bigyan ng pagka haba habang lecture tungkol sa job responsibilities nya. She had to remind herself that she's not dumb. Kung makapag salita kasi ang boss niya eh parang wala syang pinag aralan. She has a Masters Degree in Business Management from a prestigious University. She graduated with flying colors. Her colleagues admired her because of her determination to be number one in almost everything, business related. She attended numerous business management trainings and seminars. She worked in the Corporate World for almost a decade and barely had social life because she was too focused on her job.

She took her first sip of Café Latte. Ah, it taste so good, she whispered. She totally forgot about her acid reflux condition. She will deal with it later.

How did I end up working with that bitch? She proceeded to silently talk to herself while slowly drinking her perfectly made hot cup of coffee. For 10 years naging Administration Services Manager sya sa isang malaking kompanya sa Makati. The job wasnt perfect because like any human being she makes mistakes too but it still was fulfilling. She loved it. She genuinely liked everyone in the Company including her bosses. The salary was really good and she deserved it. Hanggang sa nakatanggap sya ng tawag galing kang Raffy isa sa mga boss nya requesting her to be relocated in one of their Offices in Mindanao.

What the heck? Mindanao? Hindi ba may gyera dun? That was the first thing she thought but she also knew that wasnt really the case. Her best friend is from Mindanao. In fact she repeatedly invited her to visit her beloved City of Davao. Everyone knows Davao is completey safe. But she needed to create an excuse para hindi ma relocate. She didnt want to transfer for obvious reasons. Relocation means she will have to go through changes.

She hated change. She wont turn 32 years old working in the same, in the same job position surrounded with the same people for 10 freakin years, if she liked change. Madalas syang binibiro ng mga kaibigan nya na mag madre nalang daw sya kasi kahit lovelife wala sya. She didnt have time. She had a relationship with a guy she worked with before but it only lasted for a month because she later on found out the guy was cheating with another guy. That's how focused she is on her job. She didn't even noticed her boyfriend was gay.

She doesnt want to be relocated but she doesnt have a choice. Her boss said she needs to oversee their business operations in Mindanao or else their branches in the island will shut down in no time. She only had a week to pack up and prepare her things. She nearly cried when she first stepped into the plane bringing her to her destination. The only thing that probably consoled her a bit was when her boss told her she will be working at the Company's Davao Office Branch. She will be seeing her best friend more often now.

She took her last sip of her coffee. Checked her watch. It's 2:30pm in the afternoon and coffee break is done. She took a deep breath. Time to face her bitch boss again. Naglakad sya papuntang gilid ng traffic light. Kaylangan pa nyang maghintay na lumabas ang pedestrian sign. Tumingin tingin muna sya sa paligid. Sya lang pala mag isa nakatayo dun. Wala din kasi masyado pumupunta dun sa Coffee Shop na madalas nyang pinupuntahan at gusto din naman nya ang ganun, mas nakakapag isip isip sya kapag wala masyadong ingay.

Sa wakas lumabas na pedestrian sign. She started to walk and as she reached the middle of the road a black Audie A3 Convertible car is driving fast on the way to her. She yelled at the top of her lungs. There is no way the car won't run her over. It was coming fast like lightning! She's going to die! She closed her eyes and called on Jesus! After about 10 seconds she didn't hear anything. She slowly opened her eyes expecting to see heaven. But the first thing she saw was a shiny brand new car just inches away from her. She looked around and saw people looking terrified just like her. She brought her eyes back to the car, her mouth still wide open. She finally snapped out in a state of shocked and waited for the driver with the sunglasses on to get off his car and explain what in the world just happened.