Prologue

When I got to the top of the ladder, I jumped into the treehouse. 

"Steven will never find me in here!" I thought as I crawled underneath the table.

"4... 3... 2... 1! Ready or not, here I come" my brother Steven yelled from across the field.

I held my breath when I heard footsteps climbing up the ladder a few minutes later. When Steven entered the treehouse, I noticed that he wasn't alone.

"Steven! I don't think she's in here," the short, fire haired girl said.

"Seriously Steve. She's not here. Let's go check somewhere else," the brunette said when he was right in front of me. My heart sped up at the sight of him.

"Aaron, there is no where else she can be," Steven said while moving some crates next to the door.

I slowly and silently stood up when all their backs were facing towards me. I crept up to Aaron and put my hands over his eyes.

"What the..." he said as he flipped around. 

"Mona! It's you..." he whispered as he pulled me into a hug.

" Aaron! Grace! Have you found her yet?" Steven called without even turning around.

"well Steve, it's more like she found me," Aaron replied as he casually draped his arm over my shoulder. I immediately felt my face heat up.

"Mona! We have been looking for you everywhere," Steven said.

"well isn't that the point of hide and seek?" I sarcastically replied.

"Mo, you know how your mom hates it when your sarcastic," Grace said.

"yeah... I know..." I replied shamefully.

"Well! Let's go back to the house. Supper should almost be ready," Steven said while clapping his hands trying to get us to move faster.

One by one we filed out of the house, I was the last one out. I looked out the threshold and I saw the three most important people in my life walking away. It was a perfect moment seeing them bump into each other with their shoulders, and walking into the sunset.

It was the last moment I spent with Steven.