The alternate choice

AN:  Written for the lovely show - Yakeen ka Safar. If u haven't watched it, then I highly recommend watching it as it's just 29 Episodes! :)

Not proofread. Kindly excuse the errors...

Dialogues are in Hinglish. Please read accordingly.

 BTW lemme warn you beforehand that it's a lengthy read but there is a surprise somewhere in the end, so hopefully it's worth it.  :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Zubia was standing on the verge of the slope which leads to the rushing waters below... The turbulence in those waters were just like her own thoughts... so muddled, so fast, so confusing that nothing was visible... nothing clear... just a mass of rushing thoughts... nothing was making sense to her...

Dr. Zubia Khalil... how much she had endured before she could earn that prefix in front of her name... She had endured witnessing her own father murdering her mother right in front of her eyes! And what could she do? Nothing. She had just stood helplessly throughout that time when her mother was hopelessly yelling in pain... Then she had to endure that same father so carelessly carrying her mother's coffin as if he wasn't the one who put her in there in the first place... But that wasn't even the worst part... The worst part was when she had to just stand there in the sidelines, helplessly watching her most beloved person depart forever... Again what could she have done? Nothing! And her only crime in all of this was what? That she was a little girl? Or was it that as the whole world loved to put it, 'she's just a helpless GIRL'? But was that her true crime? Was she really so helpless in helping her mother because she was a girl? Because what did her oh so male brother do to stop it? He was a man, strong and well built? But still he didn't do a thing to stop his father from murdering his mother? So no, she refused to believe that being a girl was the cause for her helplessness... Maybe it was just plain cowardice... That cowardice which cost her own mother... Maybe if she had raised her voice against the atrocities her father was doing, maybe today her mother might have been with her...

Then what followed was rebellion... A stupid thought which had entered her head... She had thought if she ever got a chance to get out of her prison of a house, maybe she could breathe free... But little did she know that too was cowardice in another form... Thinking a man can save her from her own personal hell so easily without any efforts? How silly was she...She had actually thought that marrying a handsome man who confessed love to her would be the escape she so badly needed... but she forgot the most important lesson...Nobody can save you unless you save yourself... And well that was a lesson she learned the hard way after that horrific encounter in that wretch of person not even fit to be called human's flat, that day...

And after that day she had decided not to find any easy solutions for her troubles... Oh yeah, she now very clearly understood that anything that seems easy at first is a devil's trap to push one into deeper troubles... But that day she also understood that her father had a heart which cared for his family... She felt like laughing despite the grim situation, here was a man who killed someone else's daughter and didn't shed a tear of remorse, but when it came to his own daughter he looked as if his world had ended...Life truly comes a full circle... what you sow so you reap was so true... But the sad part was her mother was dead and she was almost raped by the time her father understood it... Was it worth it? Certainly no! What use is his repentance, now? What happened had happened, nobody can change anything... her mother was under the ground and her reputation in tatters...

But irrespective of what others said or did, she realised that the only way out of disrepute was to make a repute so high that such dirty spatters do not dare to reach her face... So she studied, studied so hard that she topped her school and got admission to the top Medical college in her area and passed her degree with flying colours! Her professors recognised her aptitude and dedication and were kind enough to offer her good recommendation letters and she decided no trouble could reach her now...