Intro: Halena Faye

My name is Halena Faye. My mother died when I was twelve. My brother, Parker Faye, moved to Ohio to go to a college. When he gets out he wants me to move in with him because he knows how our dad is. Our father, Jesse Parker, isn't all that nice. He's very strict and doesn't let me hang out with boys and my bedtime is at 9:30 but I always stay up later than that. If I do one thing wrong he grounds me or makes me sit outside. Once I even had to sleep outside. I climbed up a tree and lays on the limb until I woke up for school the next morning. My life isn't that great but it isn't the worse so I deal with it.

   I love reading books, especially scary ones, and I love watching horror movies. When I get older I want to be an author. I love watching horror movies and drawing. I also love going outside and taking walks. There's a small waterfall in the woods that I love to walk to and sit and watch. I also love playing soccer with my best friend.

  My best friend is Charlie Anderson. Even though my dad says not to hang out with boys I still do because I wouldnt give Charlie up for the world. Sometimes I tell my dad I have to stay at school and work on homework but I really go to Charlie's house. We play soccer together in his yard and I always win.

   At school no one really likes me except Charlie and my language arts teacher, Mrs. Johnson. I like to write short stories and give them to her to read. Sometimes she gives me extra credit but not every time. The "popular" girls make fun of me sometimes and my dad told me it's because I'm weird and have a bad personality. The "popular" boys make fun of me and Charlie for being best friends and say we like each other but I know one of Charlie's big secrets. He's gay. Nobody knows except for me which makes me feel special to know he trusts me. He's the only one who knows about my dad too.

   Sometimes I wish I could run away with Charlie and we can go to California and make our dreams come true. If I ran away my dad would kill me,especially with a boy but Charlie's my best friend.