SHE'S NOT AFRAID

"Nadine Iris Olivar, what the hell are you wearing?!"

The booming voice of her father echoed in the living room as his parents and sisters looked at her like she was wearing the ugliest clothes ever. They were all wearing too formal clothes. Albert, her dad, was in a pair of tuxedo while her mom, Angel, looked younger than her actual age was while wearing a haltered emerald green dress that fits her body perfectly. Her sisters looked as decent and formal as her parents were. Maxine, the oldest one among them, was wearing a really formal white dress that ends just below her knees while Kathryn, their youngest, was dressed up in a royal blue strapless dress with a flowy skirt.

Glancing down to her own body before looking up at her father, she shrugged her shoulders and answered in a matter-of-fact tone, "uhm, a dress."

"You call that a dress? Eh halos wala na ngang tinatakpan na balat yang suot mong damit eh!" Her father yelled once again making her sisters and mother flinch in their place but not Nadine. In fact, she only rolled her eyes at what she had heard.

"Dad," she sighed, "you said we're going to a party and this kind of dress is what I wear in a party," Nadine exclaimed, her hand gesturing down to her own figure. She was donned in a black fitted tube dress that ends just a few inches below her buttocks, hugging her curves and showing-off all her best assets - her prominent collarbones, big and round ass and her slender legs.

"Estupida!" Albert yelled, "I said it's a formal party! Ano na lang sasabihin ng mga tao don pagnakita nila yang suot mo? Na yung anak ko ay-"

"Na ano, dad? Na malandi? Na pamigay? Well, let them say that. Tutal totoo naman, diba?"

"Nadine!" This time, it was her mother who screamed. Her voice held so much venom when she said in a calmer and firmer tone, "Stop arguing with your father and go upstairs and  change your dress now."

Nadine stood still, as if she did not hear her mother's command.

"I said, NOW!"

Huffing, Nadine stomped upstairs while still wearing a six inch black stiletto. Was making her come in a party full of fake people not enough that they were even forcing her to wear stupid formal clothes she didn't even want to wear? She hated it whenever her parents tried to control everything - even her own fucking choice of clothing. Their family was too conventional and conservative, and more than anything else, they were too concern of what other people would think or say about them.

When she was just about to go inside her room, someone grabbed her arm and spun her around. It was her younger sister, Kathryn. "Ate, may masusuot ka ba? Or would you want to borrow some dress from me?"

"You really know me too well, Kath." Nadine laughed. Well, to be honest, she really had no idea what she would wear aside from her dresses which unfortunately looked too inappropriate in the eyes of her parents. Because she either threw or gave away all the clothes her mother had bought for her. Those didn't fit her fashion taste anyway.

"Pumili ka na lang, ate," said Kathryn while already pulling Nadine with her towards her room.

                               ◆◆◆

James, already dressed in a black long sleeved shirt, was having a hard time to do his maroon tie. Just as he was about to call his younger sister for help, the door to his room slowly cracked open, revealing Sunshine - his mother.

"Need any help, anak?" A smile glossed over James' lips as he shyly nodded his head. Sunshine beamed at him before walking towards him to do his tie for him.

"And the summa cum laude, James Sebastian Medina!" A voice echoed in the room just as his mom finished doing his tie. Both James and Sunshine tilted their heads to know whose voice it was although they already had idea who it belonged to. And they were right, it was Ian - James' father. Next to him was his younger sister and only sibling, Janella or Jea and both were sporting big smiles on their face.