Chapter 1: A Chance Encounter

Maddie walked downstairs and sat at the table groggily. Her brown hair was sticking up in random places; she had just woken up. She laid her head down on the table, as she was still exhausted.

"Good morning, Maddie!" Maddie's mother, Sophia, said cheerfully. How could someone be so cheery at six in the morning? "What do you want for breakfast?" She asked.

Maddie shrugged. "I'm actually not that hungry." She said, getting up, and walking back up the stairs to get ready for the bus.

She slipped on a dark gray hoodie, jeans, and a backwards snapback. She got up to go to the bathroom to put on her makeup, when she realized her sister, May, was already in there.

May was a solid 20/10 with makeup on, and a 11/10 without makeup. She had curly dirty blonde hair with blonde highlights, and bright green eyes. She was a very attractive seventeen year old, and was probably the hottest in her school. Her InstantGraham had thousands of followers for how hot she was. And she somehow had straight A's. Maddie had big shoes to fill.

"Hi, Maddie!" May said, breaking Maddie out of her trance. "I'm just getting out now."

"Oh, hi." Maddie replied. "Thanks!" She said, walking into the now empty bathroom. She began putting on makeup to cover her acne. She wasn't nearly as good at makeup as May was. She finished by putting on some light mascara, and walked out of the bathroom.

"Maddie! Time to get on the bus!" Her mother called.

Maddie rushed out the door, running into her older brother, Marcus, in the hallway. He had brown hair, like hers, but cooler. And brown eyes, too, but he made them look less plain, and more attractive. He was tall, wearing a varsity jacket and jeans. He was the Student Government President, and the captain of the Soccer and Lacrosse team. Again, Maddie had big shoes to fill.

Marcus didn't say anything. He simply nodded at Maddie, and she nodded back, as they walked out the door to get on the bus, May trailing behind them.

Maddie walked into the school, going straight to her locker, head down to avoid eye contact and possible social interaction. She then collided with someone. She dropped all her books, and her glasses fell off.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" The boy said, sounding a bit panicked. He bent down, and picked up her books. He then handed them to her, looking into her eyes. "You have really pretty eyes." He said, bending down again, and picking up her glasses, handing them to her.

Maddie remained silent, staring. This mysterious guy was very cute, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. He was also very tall.

"What's your name?" The boy asked.

"Maddie." Maddie looked down at the ground, then up again, for a split second making eye contact with him, before she looked back down.

"I'm Tony." The boy said.

"You have a nice collar bone." Maddie said. "Wait...." She realized she messed up.

"I'll see you in class!" He said, looking a bit confused. He quickly walked off.

Maddie looked at his back as he walked away, and awkwardly walked away as well, mad at herself.