The Concert

Jade

I stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around me. I brush my teeth then unbraided my hair walking into my bedroom. I was going to yet another concert for my best friend T.

We have been friends since the seventh grade I was actually suppose to be in the sixth grade when my mom and dad relocated from New York to L.A. opening up another string of law firms and he was going up and down Cali to do so. He had moved up we use to live in Brooklyn when they first got married but when he and mom went on a business trip they occasionally worked the same cases they became the best couple ever. She use to live in L.A. when she was younger and well we moved from Brooklyn, New York to Los Angeles, California but she was usually out of town taking care of business we're a close family but I did most of my growing up myself mainly for my sister she's a model but we'll get to her later. Anyway Trey and I met as I almost tripped over my bag rushing up the school steps he caught me and when everyone that was laughing or tried to make fun of me and since I was super short had the total nerd face going on you know the braces, the glasses, the ugly ass outfit your mom makes you were as if you were a third grader. They thought it would be funny to make jokes like I was a lame or some shit. It was so childish but I knew that Trey would be my best friend from then on when he shut that shit down an I mean quick. By the time we reached our sophmore year I got my braces removed and contact's instead of glasses he made sure to swerve any nigga that wanted me just to fuck and I'm 25 years old and had sex once when I was 17 it wasn't that great and wasn't worth my time. Instead I've be through college got my Ph.D and became a doctor at L.A. Medical. Back to the whole haven't had sex in almost a decade thing. Trey has but that's different he was caught up in the pretty boy facade since he was the perfect shade of milk chocolate with a curly jet black fro and the most enticing chocolate eyes and he 6'3" like damn. He lost his damn mind being a hoe. It wasn't until this girl named Kayla that was in one of our junior classes try to fuck with him and he was going to until I found out that nasty bitch had and probably still has HPV. I was into medicine and becoming a doctor. I beat her ass I made sure she wasn't able to walk for a while. Best friend stopped hoeing real quick and he got tested even though he was clean. After that only fucked with hoes that he knew was clean. Since I was the youngest and smartest not to mention sexiest female doctor in L.A. He makes sure they come see me.

I finished lotioning up my body and pull out a black lace bra and boyshort set, and pull out the purple platform wedges he bought me for birthday he had to miss it since he wasnt in town but knew to send my favorite thing shoes. My phone started ringing I knew it was T due to the ringtone and the fact that I was taking to long. "Hello" I said finally answerin

"Are you ready?" He asked clearly irritated. Like I give a shit.

"Nigga you kno I'm not because you bought me shoes that matches nothing in my closet." I said with an attitude.

"Jade shut up." I sigh then took a deep breath "Better" I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "Now you know you go match my fly if I'm not matching yours." he continued. "I'm coming in now and I have something for you."

"Thank you bes frien." I said smiling. "You know I love ya right."

"I love yo bipolar ass to and yo ass betta have something other than a towel I'm coming up the stairs." He laughed. I quickly hung up the phone and went to put on my heels and lace set and purple silk robe then sat at my vanity putting on light makeup as he opened the door. He was looking sexy as hell but thats us to good looking best friends he had on all white Lonesome t the words were in black his pants wear some black Tru's and some all white 11's "You really not dressed."

"Nigga yo ass kno I'm never ready now what you get me." I said smiling.
He handed me a garment bag I laid it on my bed and began to open only to have him pull me away.