One

Alexander started his descent down the flight of stairs, today was his first day of a new job. In a new place. This was way out of his comfort zone. The job that he started to work for was a camp to straighten up boys that started to show signs they would grow up to become a criminal. Alexander's job was basically recording everything, everyone's progress, their friendships and what they do wrong. Even though he was the same age as them, he got the job.

Basically physiologist get a kick out of it, and parents don't have to deal with their troublesome sons!

Alex hopped down the last few steps and headed in the direction where "General" Washington was waiting for him. The terms used on this camp made it feel more like they were going to war at any second. He hadn't thought about asking for which room he had to go to, as he stood in the corridor which held the "general" he cast weary glances at each rooms. After a moment a silence he felt someone sling their arm around his shoulders.

"Ayyyyye! You a new kid around here? What'd you get caught for doing?" The voice yelled into Alex's right ear.

Shrugging the boy off, Alex looked at him, his face was pale and splattered with freckled. His hazel eyes held a warmth the newest staff member had not expected to see in this camp. The boy pushed his long curly hair out of his face as he looked at the other teenage boy, waiting for answer.

"I wasn't 'caught' doing anything illegal, if that's what you mean. I was looking for George Washington's office, in fact."

The two boys looked uneasily at each other, the freckled teenager glanced towards Washington's office.

"It's over there, I'm John Laurens in the place to be." He opened his arms with a wide gesture to everything around him. "You're That new guy here to watch everything?"

Alex nodded as he walked away, towards the generals office. He did not want to stand around talking to a delinquent when he was supposed to be doing his job. Alex also did not want to get caught slacking, however much he was curious as to what the Laurens boy was like.

Alex reached the door he had been told leaded to the general, a anxious feeling settled in his stomach. A glance backwards told him that Laurens was still watching him, the delinquent gave him another worry. Alex hopped this was the correct door as he knocked firmly on the aged wood, shuffling was heard, then a second later a tall man stood at the entrance of the door. This man has a worn out expression as he ran his hand over his head, which held no hair.

Alex's mind immediate reaction was to want to ask if he shaved his head because he was losing stress due to the delinquents. Thought even he knew that was much too straight an approach. Instead he chose the more obvious option to offer his hand, which the older man gladly excepted.

"George Washington, sir? It's a pleasure to meet you." His thoughts ran wildly in the opposite direction.

The older man gave him a small smile," You too,son. Please, come in."

Washington backed away from the door, leaving it open as he walked back over to his desk where paper piled up. At random a paper would fall of the desk, Washington looked as if this happened too many times for him to worry about it.

He bent down to pick up the papers," Alexander Hamilton, you will be starting your job today, am I correct?"

His bosses relaxed, yet tense posture sent Alex mixed signals. It took a few moment for Alex to comprehend he had been asked a question, his mind busy thinking about different "better" things. For an example, "how many people have bleed in this office?"

"Correct sir!" He mumbled his words together, talking quickly to try to make up for the lost time.

The older man looked understanding as to why Alexander would have been so distracted. His face seemed to wear a look of understanding, as well as his obvious exhaustion. Alex realized how key of a trait that would need to be to help these boys to not end up in prison. Alex had a newfound respect for a man he had barely spoken with, so he kept an open mind, he was ready to switch his opinion at any second.

"You said that you have no family currently alive?" The older man brought up, his voice softened as he asked the personal question.

A sharp intake of breathe was heard as the newcomer avoided looking at his new boss. Memories that were horrible swarmed his mind, but he pushed them away. Quickly Alex shook his head a response of yes, with a grim expression.

The older man pressed his lips into a fine line, as he nodded. Washington's knowledge of the new hire was that he was a nobody who graduated high school a couple years ago. The perfect hire for this strange camp sight that seemed to feel too overcrowded, and it had a reason behind it that must be kept a secret. Most of the staff had no family, their family owned the camp, or it was simply a one time job they would never return to. Alexander passed Washington's tests, his simple questions that Washington was somehow satisfied with this answers, however vague they were.

"Staff do not have a tent of their own, they sleep with the recruits," Washington informed Alexander once more.

Alex nodded, he knew all this already. That mostly was the only reason he didn't want to get this job, the rest of it was him asking himself if the food would be good enough. Though he knew it would be better than scraps out of a garbage can. Sleeping in a tent shouldn't be that bad, as long as he could keep his gayness hidden. Well, anyways it would still be crap if a girl was there, he'd have to pretty much hide the fact he was a human. Alex internally groaned, but he kept his face serious.

Washington's face contorted into one of slight displeasure at what seemed to be nothing at all, literally nothing had happened. The teenager took a quick notice to his new boss's displeasure.

"Anything wrong, sir?"

The older man shook his head, shaking whatever had caused him displeasure from his mind. Alex put his mind to rest, pushing the rest of his thoughts out of his mind. An irrational fear that somehow his now boss would be able to read his mind, this was a common occurrence . Even after Alex reasoned with himself it was impossible night after night, the thought crept back into his mind, a poison to his system.
He stood there contemplating this all, only to look over to see his boss chuckling, confused Alex looked at the man. He then began to question his new bosses sanity, then his own.

"Son, you'll be staying in tent E. Your tent mates will be John Laurens, George King, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson." He seemed to hold some other thing back as he continues,"You should get going, it's getting late and I want you to have rest before you began your training."

Alex gave a small smile to the man who seemed unhinged, yet at the same time he seemed perfectly sane. It made to sense why he would act like he had, maybe he was just covered in stress. Alex decided that was good enough.

Washington walked over to the door, when he reached it he called out for George King. The teenager swaggered over, a smirk plastered on his face. A look that seemed to be stained in his face that said, "I am better than all of you, and I want you to know it." The boy's hair was dyed blonde, the unnaturally white color curled at the ends. The look just did not seem like a natural hair look, it look bad and expensive.

"Mr.King I would like it if you could show your tent mate to your room." Washington's voice politely asked, thought it held an edge to it making it truly an imperative sentence.

"Why, Of course! Oh, my. How much fun this will be!" A royally British accent cut through the air, it being only a small bit too much. It crossed the line of convincing by only a hair.

The royally British boy turned to Alex, a insane smile on his face as he took the newest member of the camp's arm. Dragging him along to the tent was the approach he took. As King walked he laughed at words that Alex could not hear, he shouted back at people Alex did not recognize as being there. A newfound fear rising in his chest for his own safety Alex stoped, a look thrown at King that asked, "why?" What he did next just annoyed Alex, irritated he didn't feel shocked.
King had simply ruffled Alex's hair and called him "a naive child." Right before he put his arm thought the other boy's and started walking again. Alex let his curiosity take over as he walked with the boy.
As the walk continued on Alex began to take a disliking to George King, for his arrogant attitude. King didn't seem to mind the other boy's discomfort as he goes on to insult most of the people they walked past, with one boy he simply scoffed.

What a good job this would be.