Chapter 1: Berk

Chapter 1: Berk

Berk. It snows here ten months out of the twelve and rains the other two. anything that grows here, be it man or crop is hard and tasteless. The only upside are the pets. Normal people might have cats or dogs, maybe a pony if your lucky, but no, we have dragons.

My name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third and I'm the person who changed berk forever. you see, we killed dragons years back but i trained one, Toothless is his name and he's the last of the night fury's, you heard me right, night fury, the fastest, strongest, most powerful dragon of them all.

'NIGHT FURY!' Gobber yelled as I flew over. Toothless apparently took offence because he landed and thwacked Gobber with his tail. 'OK, OK, sorry Toothless!' Gobber replied. 'I guess old habits die hard. eh Gobber?' I said, smirking. 'Eh eh.. oh Hiccup? your father has some news for ya.' Gobber said sheepishly. 'Thanks Gobber, Toothless, come on bud, lets fly.' I replied with a grin. 'Ah go ya ding!' Gobber said. 'OK, OK, gezz!' I said, flying off.

'Dad! whats up?' I asked, entering the house. 'Hiccup, son!' dad said cheerfully. 'Guess what?' he didn't wait for a answer, just said, 'Your going to dunboh!' 'WHAT!' I shouted in disbelief. 'In Scotland?' 'yes, son, I need you to sign a treaty.' he said. 'Why cant you do it?' I moaned. 'I will be in arendall, making peace negotiations, as heir to the village, its your responsibility to do this!' he argued. 'ah! fine, I'll go pack!' I replied.