What's One More?

It all started when Gibbs passed by a little kid on the street.

He had to stop because the little boy couldn't have been more than 10 years old.

"Hey. What are you doing out here?" Gibbs asked, squatting down to get a better look at the little boy.

"Working." The boy replied.

His brown hair looked more black due to dirt, his green eyes where dulled by boredom, his skin was tanned, but he was loosing the color. His face said Italian.

"What's your name?" Gibbs asked.

"Anthony DiNozzo."

"What's a little boy like you working in the streets for, Anthony DiNozzo?" Gibbs questioned again.

"I'm promoting business for our halfway house." Anthony shrugged.

"Where's your house?"

"Over there." Anthony pointed to a house with peeling paint and broken shutters.

"Alright, come on." Gibbs stood and held out his hand.

"Why?" Anthony asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"I'm gonna take you back home. There's no one out here and it's a busy street. Can't have you getting hit by a car." Gibbs replied.

He was later walking back home with Tony by his side after seeing the disgusting state the home was in.

Given that Tony was the only one here, Gibbs just took him and went to the closest adoption agency to take up his grievances with Tony's Social Worker.

NCIS~NCIS~NCIS

Two weeks later, he found a young girl in a lot slipping candy bars into her skirt pockets.

"You know those cost money right?" He'd asked as he stopped her from taking another.

"Yes." The little girl, barely older than Tony, replied.

"Did you intend on paying for them?" Gibbs asked.

"Are you gonna tell?" She asked back, brown eyes wide with fear.

"No." Gibbs replied. "But I'll need to go talk to your parents."

"My parents are dead." The girl spat, pouring all the venom in her tiny body into those words.

Gibbs sighed, knowing immediately that she'd likely be going home with him too. "Well. Who looks after you, I want to talk to them."

True to prediction, Gibbs ended up taking Miss Abigail Sciuto home with him.

Ducky, Gibbs's older half-brother, merely looked at Abby with a kind of humor in his eyes. "Another one Jethro?" He asked. "Is she staying permanently?"

Gibbs only nodded. "Yup."

Ducky's smile told him everything he needed to know.

What was one more addition to his family?

NCIS~NCIS~NCIS

It was roughly six weeks later and Gibbs was out grocery shopping while Ducky watched the kids.

The kids. Huh, it was so easy to call them "the kids" now. Hell, it was easier to call them his kids now.

He was just looking through the different types of pasta noodles when a little girl came up to him and tugged on his shirt.

He looked down to see a little girl with brown hair and chestnut colored eyes. This one was just a little younger than Abby. He crouched down. "Hi, sweetheart. What's wrong?" He asked, frowning when he noticed her red tinged eyes and red nose. "Why are you crying?"