Chapter 1

*Author's Note*

***Hello again! I am so excited to be writing another part to my story. It has been KILLING me not to write, I've just been in a really long slump and I had a lot of life going on. Anyway, you're not here to read about me. Please, Enjoy!***

            Sebastian had been looking for his sister for months, with no leads. All that was left was the hazy memory left in her hasty retreat. Her things haunting both Will and Sebastian as they both regularly visit her room, hoping to walk in and see her lying in her bed, or spinning around the room with a smile on her face. 

Sebastian closed the door and walked down the many corridors to Ciel, who wanted cake.

Will closed the door to their bedroom with clenched fists, banging them both on the door in frustration. 

"Where is she?.." They both thought to themselves, trying in vain to figure out where she could have gone.

Meanwhile, in Japan...

Ankoku had been running since the day she left, only stopping to eat. When she finally decided she was far enough, she found herself in Japan. She had only been here a few times in the past, but things have changed so much since then.

She vaguely knew her way around; spending most of her time wandering the beautiful country. Ankoku had since changed the way she looked, her beautiful silvery-white hair now black as the night sky, her once porcelain skin now dirty and muddied. 

As she tried to piece together what she remembered, she found herself in front of a beautiful fountain in the middle of a smaller town. She couldn't place its significance; she thought for a moment until her thoughts were halted by a gentle hand on her shoulder.

The action startled her enough to draw her knives. Suddenly, images and memories came flooding back.

"Sensei" she breathed.

The mysterious figure's smile peeked out from under the cover of a cloak, with a soft chuckle following.

"It is good to see you again, young-ling." Ankoku and her teacher walked for what seemed like days as she explained everything to them; in detail. She was so intent on letting her burdens fall from her shoulders, even if only for a moment, that she didn't realize they had reached their destination. Having said all that she could, she huffed in mock exhaustion and followed her teacher inside.

"Forgive me, Ankoku..." Her teacher sat down at a small wooden table, her hands folded in front of her. Ankoku looked at her with a puzzled expression. "I have known this day would come. I knew when I met you, and when I agreed to teach you."

The half-ling felt betrayed. She sat across her teacher and laid her head in her hands, holding back the tears that brimmed her eyes. "How could you keep this from me?" through gritted teeth, she forced the words to be heard.

The woman stood, her cloak falling to the floor around her bare ankles. She circled the table between them with quiet and even steps before kneeling beside Ankoku. With a soft whisper, she said: "I could not jeopardize the future, please understand..." She trailed off for a moment, picking her next words carefully. "I needed to make sure you were ready for the future, without telling you what you would come to find out on your own,"

Ankoku finally raised her head to look her teacher in the eyes, "I understand.. But why is this happening? How did you know? Why am I being hunted by this demon? What makes me so special?"

The woman rose again, looking around the room with a finger to her lips. She whispered, "Come, you will soon have answers."

The young-ling followed her teacher from the room, and into a secret passageway tucked behind a tall bookshelf. It leads all around the quaint little town, but Ankoku had no idea where she was going next.