Divine Bet

A being looked apon the world with a grave look on his face. A shadowy cloaked figure approached the being. The first being looked at the cloaked figure. The figure moved its hand in a motion seeming like its own sign language.
"Fine, we will take this up with the others it will be more fun." The being said walking with his companion though some gates. There stood a number of figures, in a marble hall.
"Brothers, Sisters. Death and myself have decided to take a bet who can choose the best group of humans to fight in a free for all tournament and survive the longest."A feebal figure distinguished them self from the small crowd.
"Why don't we make this interesting and give them blessed gifts?" The others mumbled amongst each themselves. Death made a hasten motion and silence fell. The first being spoke again.
"We shall have a group of up to four individuals all may possess a gift, and only one from us per individual. Also, we are unable to help them in anyway other than offer advice. We can not revival the identities of anyone who is in the game. We can not interfere with any mortal affaires after this point. May the best Sentient win."
The Sentients surrounded a small tear in reality. Allowing their gifts to fall into the realm of mortals. Behind the empty visage of death, a smile broke out.