Chapter 1: Solaris and Artemis

Once upon a time in the land of Equestria, there lived two brothers who ruled over the land. Now in the land of Equestria there are either one of three types: Earth beings, living on the land and care for the plants and animals of the world; the magicians or unicorns (A/N: they don't have horns, just wands or their magic is stored inside of them), using their magic to heal and solve problems; and finally the Pegasus, with their powerful wings they control the weather all over Equestria. But there are some people who are both Unicorn and Pegasus called Alicorn and those few are royalty.

There are two such being that control all of Equestria: Lord Solaris who has the power of rising and setting of the sun; and his younger brother Prince Artemis who has the power of rising and setting of the moon. The two worked in harmony bring peace to the land. But one day something horrible happened to Prince Artemis This is his story…

From the balcony of a white castle, a man with gravity defying tri-colored hair, crimson red eye, strong mature features, and tan skin stood before the dark sky. He was one of the Princes of Equestria, Lord Solaris and it was time for him to raise the sun as he done before for many years.

He closed his eyes just a boy that looked like him but with pale skin, black/blue wings, and purplish eyes flew down next to him. "The moon has set my brother. Please bring out the sun."

Solaris smiled, "Thank you Artemis it’s time to start a new day!" He stretched out his white wings and called on his power. He flew up, bring the sun into position. Artemis watch as the land was covered in the warm rays of the sun before stepping to the side as Solaris landed. "Good job as always, Brother."

"Thank you Artemis." Solaris closed his wings and looked out as the people of their kingdom came out and started to play, work, laugh, smile, and praise his glorious morning. "Look at them. I don't think there has ever been a ruler as beloved as I."

Artemis scowled behind his brother back, the people of Equestria always loved his brother more then him. Even as children, his brother got more attention just because he was the older. Their parents, the first sun and moon, spent more time with Solaris then Artemis.

The people of their kingdom were not much better, making countless statues and monuments to Solaris. The last time Artemis checked, which was during the night, there was nothing to glorify him, no statues, no songs, nothing! The people only loved his brother and worshiped and played in the day, while they slept and shun the night. Artemis hated that they loved his brother and his precious light more then him and his beautiful night.

He straightened up and displayed a very convincing smile as he spoke, "They certainly do Brother. They have done a lot to show how much they do love you. Statues, songs, prayers, and much more, they are very lucky to have you as their ruler."

Solaris nodded and walked off the balcony with Artemis following behind him. "Yes, but I am the lucky one though. This kingdom is filled with wonderful ponies that are very talented in what they do. Oh, speaking of talented ponies, do you remember Snowdrop?"

Artemis nodded; a true smile was on his face. That's was one of the things Artemis liked about Snowdrop, understood Artemis loneliness better than anyone else. The last time he saw her was when the two were celebrating the Spring Sunrise, so to see his old friend again after three months was great and he was ecstatic!

"Yes, I remember Snowdrop. Why?" Artemis asked.

Solaris turned to look at him, a gentle smile on his face. "Well I think Snowdrop could have great potential here. She got her cutie mark just three months ago after all."

"Really?! What is it again?!" Artemis asked.

Solaris chuckled, "Why don't you ask her yourself? She's in the garden already. I told her to wait there for you. She was dying to see you again." He took a step closer to the wall before Artemis ran down the hall towards the door.

Solaris shook his head laughingly, "That Artemis. I hope having Snowdrop here will help him now that I'm getting busier." He sighed before walking off to the thrown room for another meeting.