Hngh

Gadget feels somewhat unwanted by the resistance since they found out he has feelings for Infinite, and has often found himself escaping the teasing through walks. Sometimes long, sometimes short.. they allow him to think, to ponder about his situation.

This particular walk, Infinite has caught him in sight.. he learned about Gadget's routine walks, and decided to go meet him. As a surprise, and if he found himself brave enough, he may admit how he feels for Gadget.
This fear is so foreign to him, he isn't sure how to handle it.

Gadget keeps his head down, his ceaseless stare at the ground, mixed with this burning desire inside his chest, would surely set the world into more flames then it already was. He pretty much power walks into Infinite, poor baby.. he wasn't paying attention. The sudden collision causes him to look up, embarrassment burning brightly in his cheeks.
"I-I'm sorr-"
He turns redder, seeing who he's run into.

Gadget's blush had faded throughout his rant.. but it comes back with a vengeance, seeing Infinite's tail.
He scoots over.. closer and closer as the time passes.
Until the two are so close they could put their arms around each other.. bodies so near to touching.
He.. slowly rests his head on Infinite's shoulder.. falling asleep like that after some time of understanding silence.

Infinite refuses to disturb Gadget's sleep.. leaving him like that. After some time, he hears footsteps.. a voice calling out Gadget's name.
He really carefully, and gently picks Gadget up, using the power in the Phantom Ruby to move to a quiet, calm clearing.. away from everything. He sets Gadget down, letting him sleep.
He truly has no idea about these feels in his head, his chest. No clue how to process them, he doesn't understand why he feels this way.
After some time, he does a zoom zoom to Eggman's base, nabbing snacks and a few blankets.

Upon his return, Gadget is still soundly asleep, and safe. Nothing happened to him in the five minutes Infinite was gone.

He puts the blanket on Gadget, but as he does, the wolfy boyo grabs his arm.. latching on and not letting go.
He blushes very hard under his mask, then settles down next to Gadget and gets himself comfortable.

Infinite eventually falls asleep next to Gadget, and time moves on..

Gadget wakes up.. jostling Infinite as he moves. He blushes very hard and looks up to Infinite as he awakens.

Infinite wakes up.. glancing down at the blushing wolf boyo, silenced from embarrassement.

Gadget slowly.. slowly reaches up to take Infinite's mask off.. lightly setting it on the ground next to the pair.

They both stare at each other in silence for what feels to them like hours, though it was only a minute or two, blushing with a million thoughts running through their heads. Their faces are so close to the other that their noses are touching.

Gadget makes the first move, pushing his lips to Infinite's, his blush spreading across his face and up to the tips of his ears. His arms automatically move from their position latched to Infinite's arm, to around his neck.

Infinite is shocked by this action, blushing, blushing, blushing. He comes to his senses, realizing that he loves this, and puts pressure against Gadget's kiss, a soft purr rising from his chest.. he reciprocates.. tenderly putting his arms around Gadget and pulling him deeper into the kiss, one of his hands slowly moving up to the back of Gadget's neck, supporting it.

The two stay like this, soft, melting into one panther as they forget that the world is on fire, that it's burning.. torn apart by war. The kiss only ends when Gadget runs out of breath, and is forced to pull away.

Gadget, still out of breath, whispers.. lovingly..
"I.. I love you, Infinite."

A smile spreads over Infinite's features..
"I love you too, Gadget."