Chapter Two

RECAP:

These are the times that I really miss with Shawn when we can just be ourselves and not worry about the constant expectations of Shawn's friends and fans who really, really want us to get together already.

Somehow I can't help but wonder what would happen if Shawn and I ever did decide to get together. No, I think Lila you and Shawn are best friends that's all you'll ever be.

_________________________________________________________
Lila POV

Shawn broke me out of my thinking daze when he slammed his car door shut. I realized that we had pulled up to the hotel parking lot, and Shawn was patiently waiting for me to get out of the car.

I scrambled to get out quickly and in my haste, I bumped my head on the roof of the car. Shawn jumped when he heard the loud thud and checked to see if I was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied to his worried questions as I turned away blushing.

After we finally were out of the car we made our way to the hotel where everyone was waiting for us.

When we got to our room, the others just looked at us expectantly.

"Oh we got some movies," Shawn replied to their questioning gazes.

"What we want to know is why you guys took an two hours to rent movies," said Shawn's friend Taylor, who was currently wiggling his eyes suggestively at us.

Embarrassed I quickly jumped to tell the group how Shawn and I argued about what movies to rent and how I had gracefully bumped my head on the way out of the car. I had failed to remember that Shawn's friends are notorious teasers, and as expected they all laughed at me and I was once again turning a shade of red.

When the laughter finally died down we sat down to watch the horror movies that the boys love so much. Personally, I think that the boys only enjoy the horror movies because during the scary parts all of us girls cuddle into them. Of course I was right and about three minutes into the movie Matthew, another friend of Shawn's, shot the other boys a victory smirk as his girlfriend Kara was the first one to jump in to her boyfriend's protective hold.

Midway through the movie a really scary part occurred and all of the girls, including me screamed in terror. The boys all started laughing as Emily, Nash's girlfriend
shut the movie off.

A few minutes later we got a call from the hotel front desk asking us to keep the noise to a minimum because the other guests were trying to sleep. We all decided that since it was already three in the morning we would also sleep. Shawn and I walked back to our hotel room that we were sharing and got into our beds quickly.

"Goodnight Lila, I love you," Shawn whispered to me.

"You to Shawn," I replied back with a yawn.

Shawn's words hit me differently tonight, even though we have told each other countless times that we love each other, in a friend way, tonight I found my self feeling an ache in my heart. I guess that I was slowly falling for Shawn Mendes, my best friend, but this I had to keep to myself. I would die if I ruined Shawn's and my special friendship over a simple crush.