Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Summer's Point of View

My heels went from under me, and like so many times before; I face planted the expensive crafted wood floors. A type of wood, named Bocate. One of the most expensive timber. And the amount of time I landed on each it; made me wish I had picked carpet instead of it.

That's the thing when you design your first home, you don't know what you really want. Though when I helped design this mansion I refer to as a prison; without guards- I never intended on hitting the floor this much.

I wiped the blood from my mouth and pushed myself up. I could still hear his heavy breathing, his shouting getting louder as I didn't react. His hand gripped my hand, pulling me up on my Stuart Weitzman heels, which was the last gift I got for his attack on my birthday- the heels he had forced me to wear tonight to celebrate our anniversary.

He was screaming in my ear, how worthless I was- and I knew it was the liquor but at the same time I was beginning to believe his words. It was when he gripped my dress, ripping it up the side, I pushed away from him- doing something I rarely did and fight back.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could to the closet room, which just so happened to be a spare guest room. Bolting for the bathroom door, I just slammed it shut locking it in time.

I knew what he was going to do next. And I would say, I'd rather hit those Bocate wood floors a hundred times over than raped. How many times had he raped me? Not that it could be considered rape, seeing he was my husband and the whole world saw his mask.

The easy going guy, that loved his wife.

I was the only one who saw under the mask- saw the man he really was.

In panic I dialled the only man that I knew I could trust. My brother. It was funny a man like my brother was considered a low, no good, living thing- a leech on society. Because he rode for an outlaw motorcycle club. But I knew the man he really was- and it was hundred times better than the man I married.

"Summer this is bad timing."

I wiped the tears away and my bruising cheeks. "It's Elliot." The tears I was crying could be heard in my voice. "Scorp I can't stay with him."

I heard him sigh. "Summer, you can't call me every time you have a fight with this guy. He is your husband."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My brother was encouraging me to stay with a man like Elliot? Clearly Scorp didn't understand the full picture.

"I'm not fighting with him. He is fighting with me!" And I meant those words literally. "I can't take another punch Scorp, you hear me? I can't take it!"

I heard his breathing and the noise in the background. It was a weekend. Guessing he was at a club party. We didn't live in the same town anymore. I moved to be with my 'amazing' husband.

"Summer don't use a play on words. We both know he would never touch you. Look if you are fighting over which house to buy in the Hampton's, just let him have this one. I'm sure you'll get a say in the furniture."

And just like that, it hit me- I had put on such a good show that no one would ever believe the truth. I really was trapped. Not just in a nightmare- because nightmares end; and this was never going to end.

Scorp wasn't going to believe me that the millionaire that gave me every material thing I needed, was actually an abusive drunk.

"So go back out there and be an adult Summer. Sometimes we all have to do things we don't want to do." Scorp's background noise got louder. "Look I've got to go and stop calling me every time you and Elliot have an argument."