feathered and leathered

We all have at some point in life wondered; does the unseen world of the dead have quarrels? Do they fight among us? In this story you will experience the life of someone who could see this stuff.

A long time ago, Europe, 1340’s, there was a boy, born to survive the plague and save the world. What the people didn’t know is that he could see, hear, and feel the living dead.  

 Chapter 1 trouble.

As the boy grew, he learned to talk to his only friends, spirits, and angels and demons…the demons he didn’t really care for.

Eight years after learning he snuck up on some demons who were talking. Talking about the end of the living. ” I will send out the signal first thing tomorrow “, said one demon. The boy had to warn the village.

                  Chapter 2 hopeful.

As the boy walked into the rickety town, he noticed the townsfolk were glaring at him. He also saw the angels looking at him in fear.

The king was walking proudly towards the boy when the king proclaimed loudly, “ THIS BOY WILL NOW REVEAL HIS SECRET MESSAGE!”.  The boy was scared and hopeful for freedom, and not  to speak his dark secret.

           Chapter 3 the Dark.

The pressure was on the boy.  All eyes were harshly staring at him.  Even though he wanted to run he didn’t.  Instead, he spoke. “  I am sorry to say this to all of you but the world is going to end thanks to the demons.  They have decided to destroy us all but the angels have a plan to help us survive.  Whispering and shouts of raging joy came from the crowd. 

The King who was in the crowd,  boomed in response,  “ How are the angels going to help us survive?”  The boy looked back at the angels, the look of fear was in their eyes.  He walked through the crowd afraid of what the angels might say, considering the look in their eyes. 

              Chapter 4 leaving

Drawing on his powers to hear the living dead, the boy heard them speak with darkness in their voices.  The angels said ,” We will fight for you!  While we fight you must leave.  You must go to the Angel’s Valley …you will be protected there. “

After the boy spoke to the angels, he turned around and told the people everything that he heard.  The crowd looked at the boy in confusion for they did not want to leave their homes.  The boy ignored their confused faces and said, “ We need to leave tonight before the demon’s plan takes place.”

              Chapter 5 packing feelings

While the townsfolk were packing up they were also saying good bye to their homes, filled with memories. They all seemed scared, sad, and lonesome. Dusk had fallen and time was moving too fast. The look in everyone’s faces scarred the boy deeply.

“Is everybody packed up?” said the boy blankly. Everybody nodded. Slowly but surely, yes.

                  Chapter 6 disappearance

  A man suddenly ran right into the village, the look of craze in his eyes. He was holding an amulet of some sort. The boy saw demons surrounding it.  Dawn was here, and so was the plague. The boy took a head count before leaving. Twelve people were gone, probably dead. Just to be safe, the boy checked the now lonely village. There on a large black stone arose several spirits of ten townsfolk turning into demons. Two other bright spirits arose from the rock, turning into angels. The boys’ parents… he took a moment of silence, then left.

            Chapter 7 spites

After leaving on the white ship, the people asked the boy, “will this trip be dangerous?”. Silence was all there was from the boy. “ALL HANDS ON DECK!”, said a thin man. The boy shivered and looked up. His eyes widened so large he looked like a bug. “SPITES!” replied the boy. He had been told about these. Spites are evil creatures that freeze the water around you and grab you tightly. Then they suck your breath and soul while you die from the tight grip.