Lottie Niffumevol (Novel Exerpt).

Presenting Lottie
   1

Some would say that Lottie Niffumevol is a fantastical fabulous girl. That is how her best friend would describe her. Although, some would say she is interesting, which could mean bad, in some cases. Unfortunately, in Lottie's case, or in any child, that is honestly true. Yes, it's true. Lottie can sometimes be bad. But, it is better to be bad sometimes rather than all the time, right?
"I bet I can do a better cartwheel than you, Lottie," bragged Bridget. In addition to having best friends, some may have worst friends as well. Bridget was Lottie's worst friend. Actually, they were pretty much  enemies. Bridget always thought she could do things better than Lottie.
"No, I can do a better cartwheel," Lottie said back.
"Oh, yeah? Let's see." Bridget frowned.
"Okay, Bridget. We'll both do our cartwheels and see whose is better. You go first."
"Fine," said Bridget. Bridget did a solid, straight, perfect cartwheel. Lottie had to think fast. She had to try her best, or better than her best, and defeat Bridget.
"Go Lottie!" Lottie's best friend, Janonva, cheered beside them.
Lottie did her cartwheel. It was not straight; when she did it she tilted to the side. It was not solid, because she ended up falling over. And it was definitely not perfect. But, worst of all, there were now grass stains and a huge hole right through Lottie's brand-new white tights. "Oh, no," said Lottie.
"Ha! Looks like I won," Bridget bragged again.
"Stop bragging, Bridget," Lottie said frustrated. Then the bell rang for the end of recess. Lottie walked, sad and bored, back to her classroom.
"Please take out your notebooks, class," Lottie's teacher, Mrs. Harvord, said when Lottie got back to the classroom. "You're late," Mrs. Harvord said to Lottie when she saw her. "You too, Bridget. Both of you, go to the office and get a pink slip. Now." Lottie and Bridget walked miserably out of the classroom.
"Just remember next time, girls, don't be late!" the secretary called as Bridget and Lottie were leaving the office. As they were walking back to class, Lottie forced herself to crack a slight smile at Bridget, but Bridget just turned away. Lottie did not like Bridget. After all, it was partly Bridget's fault that they were late and got a pink slip, and now she had to show it to her parents. What could be worse than this? she thought.
When they got back to class, it was the middle of math class. Then Mrs. Harvord told everyone to sit down and she started talking about what was going to happen when she left for maternity leave. "Starting tomorrow, and for the rest of the year, you will have a supply teacher," Mrs. Harvord explained.
"Do you know what they look like and if they're nice?" Lottie asked.
"I don't know, I've never met her," Mrs. Harvord answered. "Anyway, back to the conversation. Class, I expect you to be on your best behaviour and be very good listeners," Mrs. Harvord continued. "She will basically be your new teacher for the rest of the year. I want you to treat her just as well as you treat me."
"So just to be clear, it's a girl, right? Do you think we will like her?" Lottie asked again.
"I think you will like your new teacher as much as you like me," Mrs. Harvord said.
"Oh, well in that case, I won't like her," Lottie mumbled to herself.

-You can purchase the finished novel in full at https://lottieniffumevol.weebly.com!