Forever

"Jacob," a young voice yelled down the corridor,

He leaned down, hugging Grace tightly as she cuddled into him, "woah you're running fast firecracker... You'll soon be as fast as your mum,"

"Me and dad are going on holiday to America for two weeks... I said bye to mum this morning but I didn't hug her tight enough," she smiled.

"Have a great trip, your mum is heading to her office," he smiled, "she was just getting blood off her shoes,"

"She misses you Jacob... Dad didn't hug her like you did... And she never falls asleep on him like she did with you."

"I'll always love you and your mum firecracker," he smiled,

"You need to tell mum that, shes sad without you."

Jacob smiled as he watched Connie hugging Grace tightly, before she pressed a kiss to her hair.

"I love you princess, be good for your dad and buy me some nice chocolate,"

"Only if we can eat it together watching lion king,"

"I can't wait," Connie smiled,

"Love you mum," Grace smiled, before running off back to Sam, "look after Simba,"

"Of course," Connie smiled, before closing her door.

She sat on the floor wearing jeans and a fitted black jumper; her tan boots laid next to her as she sat cross legged on the living room floor. She pushed back her hair and inhaled, opening the box before smiling at the tshirt that lay at the top.

"I wondered where that went," he smiled, wearing an almost similar one with dark jeans. He handed her a coffee and she accepted it gently,

"Can I see?" He asked and she looked up at him,

"Of course... They're all memories of you Jacob."

He pulled out a photograph Charlie had taken of them at a charity ball earlier in the year. He'd chosen her white and gold, v necked dress, and he wore a suit that fitted in all the right places.

"You look insane here Connie," he told her as he sat beside her, "I remember feeling like I'd won the lottery... I was there with the most beautiful woman in the room... And it would be me you would wake up next to the following morning."

She smiled, "we both had terrible hangovers and spent the next day in bed."

"Naked," he smiled and she laughed.

"I love this picture," he smiled, she stood with her hand on his chest, her head tipped back as she laughed at something he'd said. His hand was on her bum, and he looked her at her in way that only he'd ever looked at her.

"I knew I'd get that smile if I put my hand on your bum and called you sweetcheeks," he smiled.

"I've never danced or laughed so much in one evening," she told him, "it was then I realised I'd totally fallen for you,"

They were silent for a moment before he found a thin cotton bracelet.

"What's this?" He asked and she smiled, "this is a bracelet Flo gave me... For luck and love apparently,"

He ran his fingers over it before slipping it over her wrist, "that was the first time we kissed..."

She found herself inbetween his legs as his hands found hers, "I'd waited so long and tried so hard to get you to want me the way I wanted you... And all of a sudden you kissed me... And it all felt so surreal."