Oops!!!

*AJ*

    i walked down the road, New York streets are always crowded, unless you know the time and place. 2 am, somewhere in Cattaraugus County; I've been walking for three and a half hours. I could be in the next town. I wanted to walk to the university I go to, Columbia, even though I'm 12. I'm "smart", my major, although, is in drama. Which I guess fits, stating that it's on broadway.

   I felt someone walking behind me, but ignored it stating that this is New York. "The greatest city in the world." I put my headphones in and listened to "Amelie: A new musical".

   Now, I know you're thinking; why the hell are they walking around at 2 am in NEW YORK?! Well, ya see, my foster parents are abusive. Or well, my foster brothers are, my foster parents just neglect me. That, and I have no friends.
   The person was still behind me, I could almost feel him breathing down my neck. I whipped around, my arm swinging. "OW!!!" A more than familiar voice screamed. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! How did I even reach your nose?", I nervously chuckled. I just hit DAVEED diggs in the face!  
    "I have no clue, because you're a midget!" DAVEED laughed. "How old are you anyway? You should get home, you look like you're 13." "I'm 12! And I don't wanna go home, I actually wanna get to Columbia? My school...uhm." I noticed DAVEED had given me a coat. "Wow we gotta nerd here, you gotta meet Pippa and Vanessa. Also, you want a ride? I can get you some hot chocolate, I'm sorry. I didn't get your name."
   "AJ...and take me anywhere but home because my family's horrible!" Why oh why did I just blurt that out???
     "Oh well you're never going home then, AJ. You can live with me and oak, or Lin."  My face turned crimson, "funny I've loved you since I was 5. I listened to you rapping with my brother, then I listened to Hamilton. And now I'm speaking to you!" DAVEED looked concerned, "Five?! What kinda parents you got?" I hesitated I was genuinely nervous, "The dead kind?" DAVEED hugged me, then put me on his back, "We're going to my apartment. I'll call Oakie, he'll bake some cookies or something. And make coco. I'll get you some clothes, from Lin or Pippa. If you can fit those, if not then Jazzy's Bc she's in the middle of Vanessa and Pippa." On the way to his apartment I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to the smell of chocolate chip cookies.

" On the way to his apartment I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to the smell of chocolate chip cookies

They give her the "Where the Wild Things Are" one.