I

EVER SINCE SHE WAS A BABY, Selena Madison has been sent from foster home to foster home. 

She never knew her real parents, but deep down the young girl knew she was different. She could do things that no other kid could do. Like hiding in plain sight. She would stand there and no one would notice, not even if she stood right in front of them. 

The skill was very useful when it came to stealing cookies from her foster mother's cookie jar.

But Selena still felt alone in her small world. No one else was like her and she couldn't tell anyone about her new found powers. It was like she was a superhero. Except, she was a kid. 

What good could she do?

On a random Thursday, when she was seven years old, her world was flipped upside down.

Her foster parents began to look different. Sometimes Selena would blink, and they would have one eye in the middle of their forehead, and then the next moment they looked normal again.

This went on for a few days, until these four kids found her. Luke, Grover, Annabeth, and Thalia made her feel sane, reassured her that she wasn't imagining things.

The two older kids, Luke and Thalia, killed her foster mom, who revealed herself to be a Cyclops. 

Grover brought them to a camp, in the middle of the Long Island forest. They were chased by Selena's foster father, who injured Thalia.

The girl sacrificed herself to make sure they all got to Camp Half-Blood safely.

It was the beginning of a new life for Selena.

Five years, and she still hasn't been claimed by her Godly parent. In anger, Selena began to act out at camp. She found people similar to her, but no one just like her. She was still alone. With no Godly parent to explain her powers, to help her control them. 

Selena would prank the other campers or the advisors. She would use her powers to sneak around and cause people to see things that weren't really there. Her favorite thing to do was mess around with the Aphrodite kids. She would make them believe that their makeup was melting off their faces or that their wardrobe was tie-dye patterned.

After getting complaint after complaint, Chiron started sending her on missions. She'd go to boarding schools with demi-god children and bring them back to Camp Half-Blood when there's danger.

Which is why she is currently at the Yancy Academy.

Selena glared over at Nancy Bobofit, who was sitting to her left, as she chucked wads of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich at her satyr friend, Grover Underwood, and loner boy Percy Jackson.

Grover and Selena believed Percy was a demi-god. 

Actually, they know he is. 

She's noticed the way he struggles to read English like most demi-gods and how he has issues paying attention and sitting still. 

ADHD. Another giveaway.

But that wasn't all. They believed Percy was important. A great property has been given, and Selena had a feeling in her gut that Percy is apart of it.

Selena didn't like Nancy one bit. She reminded her of another bully back at camp. Clarisse. But Selena pretended to be her friend to not draw suspicions to herself. Who knew what monsters would be after her if she hung around the satyr and demigod.

"I'm bored. Come on, girls." Nancy stood and Regina and Rachel followed. They soon stopped and turned to Selena, "Are you coming, S?"

Selena took a bite of her apple and shook her head, "I'll be over in a few. I want to finish my food."

Nancy scoffed, "Whatever." The small brunette watched as Nancy and her crew walked over to Grover and Percy before she dumped her barely eaten lunch in Grover's lap. Percy's face seemed to redden and when Selena blinked, Nancy was in the fountain, "Percy pushed me!"

Percy heard a giggle and looked over at Selena, who was hiding her mouth in the sleeve of her sweater. She winked at Percy before Mrs. Dodds stood next to them and she sobered up. He was soon brought into the museum and Grover sauntered over, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"So do I." Selena walked over to Mr. Brunner and leaned down towards his ear, "Percy's alone with Mrs. Dodds."

The wheelchaired man nodded, "I'll take care of it." He quickly made his way over to the museum and entered while the girl and satyr stayed outside.

"He can handle himself, can't he?" Selena paced as she waited for them to emerge from the museum. It began to rain as Mr. Brunner exited the building, wheeling past the two and towards the bus. Selena lifted her hood over her head and Grover sat by the fountain with the museum map over his head.

Percy walked out of the museum and Selena perked up. She looked at him with hopeful eyes and Nancy spoke, "I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your butt."

Selena looked confused for just a moment and looked over at Mr. Brunner, who shook his head at the young demigod from under his umbrella, "Who?" Percy asked,

"Our teacher. Duh." Nancy rolled her eyes and walked away. 

Percy turned to Grover and Selena, "Where's Mrs. Dodds?" He asked them,

Grover elbowed her slightly, "Who?"

"Not funny man." Percy responded, "This is serious."

Thunder boomed in the sky above them and Selena shivered. 

The Gods were angry. But why? 

"Oh Gods." She sighed before heading over to the bus.