My first day as a Misfit: We are freaks and Misfits

We are freaks and Misfits

Prologue

It only got easier after dad died when I met them. It was still hard and half the time it never really went right but when it did, it was memorable and colourful. Not the colour of black that consumed the day that dad died or the colour of red like the poison blood that consumed my head when mum hits me in irritation but ,the colours of the smooth wood on my bass and the creamy silk on mums favourite dress. I sometimes think that maybe it was all for nothing but then I think of all my happy memories and smile.

Chapter 1

February 17th 2014

I wake up covered in sweat from one of my terrifying nightmares. I wipe the sweat with my palm and try to control my heavy breathing. Today was the funeral of my father. I shiver as I remember the "supernatural experts" there and how they asked me questions like
"What did you see?"

"Are you sure?"

"Describe the attack for us"

I try to block out dads bloody headless body and the werewolf life creature with its fur as black as the night and his eyes glaring at me from the darkness, but those images flood my mind. The dark scarlet of his blood stain my mind like they stained the cement road. I shake him out of my mind and check the time. 11:30. I sigh and drop my head on my pillow. I'm scared that if I go back to sleep, he will be waiting for me but.... I'm so tired. So very tired. I close my eyes and slowly fall back asleep.

The police cars speed past all obstacles to get to their destination. The grim reaper was already there and was leaving shortly after he took his new soul. . When the flashing lights of red and blue got there, he was gone, leaving her alone. The black creature of the night was hungry for death and no one was going to stop him from receiving it. And he did, leaving his hunger filled and a dead man for the grim reaper to take . The girl felt the pain, of his life slipping away and the horrible realisation that he was gone. She stands there horrified, tears in her blue innocent eyes as the scarlet toxin dripped from her head. The flashing lights blind her as she screams herself awake.

I awake to my mother shaking me. I groan and get out of bed while my mother opens the curtains. She looks at me with concern and then leaves while I grab my hideous brown and white uniform, my top hat, and jewellery and head to the shower.

An Hour Later

I'm at the bus stop down the street carrying my black backpack with chains, ribbons and patches I made for school. I put my earphones in and hear the pleasant start of "I Write Sins not Tragedies" and I wait for the school bus. I notice some kids wearing the same uniform as me and I hide behind the back of the bus stop so they don't notice me and continue to listen to music.

Chapter 2: Midday

I find my locker in the locker hall at lunch and try to open it.

"Come on!" I say under my breath.

I'm about to try again when I feel a hand lay on my back. I spin around and I'm face to face with a guy with blond hair and a football jacket. His face is so close to mine I can feel his breath of on my face. I feel very uncomfortable. I can't move. Maybe I should slap or move him? I realise he is studying my face. But for what?

"I'm Jayden. You must be the freak new girl everyone is talking about"

Freak? So he is one of those guys then. I smirk at him and spit in his face. He wipes the spit of and looks at me with disgust. Before he can do anything, a English accent yells across the hallway.