PHAN: A RED STRING OF FATE

Dan's POV

     For as long as I could remember I had it with me. The red string. Tied to my pinkie. I told my mom about it, she said one day it would go away. I think she thought it was her imagination... It never did. I told my dad, he was very religious, he left after I told him. I asked why he left and he said it was because of my devil string. He said that it meant I was Satan's child, not God's. He said that I was a puppet made to wreak havoc and destroy the world. And I believed him... I apologized constantly to my mom but every time she'd just say that it was for the better. But that wasn't true. Not only could I see my red string. I could see everyone's. Mom and dad's were connected, red, vibrant then I told dad. Ripped, black, dead. Mom's string has been black since I was nine and I always regret telling Dad. But in my dreams I still told him. Over. And over. Every night.

"Daddy." I say, tugging on his shirt. A tall brunette man turns around and looks down at me with a smile. That was the last time he smiled at me...

"Yes, Dan?" He asked, ruffling my hair. I put my hand in his face and wiggle my pinkie.

"Why do I have this red string?" He froze and his giddy smile turned into a disgusted frown. That wasn't the last time he frowned at me.

"Kathy!" He called, "Your son has a devil string." He spat. Mommy walked into the room worriedly.

"Robert, I don't think-" She began, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Can it!" He interrupted. Tears fell down her face as he opened the door, "Have fun with your son of the devil!" Then I heard a sickening slam of the door that would haunt me forever.

     I slammed my hand on the blaring alarm and rubbed my eyes. It was time to go to my boring school, take boring classes, and hang out with my anything but boring friends. My bad, friend. After getting ready, I grabbed my bag and lunch and kissed my mom goodbye. She happily waved back, but the waving black string connected to nothing, haunted me. I left, closing the door and headed to school.

     "Danny!" I heard a happy voice yelp(it autocorrected to Yelp lol). I rolled my eyes playfully and pretended not to hear. "Daniel!" He complained.
     "Can't you just call me Dan? You know I'm not a fan of pet names." I told him. He shook his head, his raven black hair becoming a mess. "Fine, Philly." I responded. Wait a second... Maybe he did have a reason to call me Danny...
      "Dannnnnnnnn! Cmon!" Phil said, dragging me to class. I look around the courtyard and notice that the fountain was finally built. I never notice one thing though. One thing that is always there... I refused to look at my no-good, happy, vibrant, alive red string of fate. But today it seemed to be pulling even tighter than usual. But I ignored it.

     Over the next five years my string kept nagging at me to look at it. By now, Mom was remarried, her string red. I was living with my all time best friend, Phil Lester. We both had jobs as YouTubers, playing games and making vlogs. It was the best time in my life. We were sitting beside each other, messing around with poor Dil and his family. We were making a collage of sorts to show how we changed their outfits. I asked Phil, "Phil," I start, we agreed not to say nicknames in high school, "Should I look at my red string?" Phil gasps.
     "Y-you have a red string! Really?! I thought those were fake! Are you pulling my leg?" Phil squealed, I was puzzled.

"How do you know what it is?!" I exclaim.

 "Um, duh. We have a whole bunch of fan art and fanfictions about it. Haven't you read the myth about the Red String of Fate?" I shook my head. Phil looked it up and handed me his phone to read:

Red String of Fate

The Red String of Fate is a myth. It's said that everyone has an invisible red string tied to their pinkie. This string leads to their soulmate. There have been many "real" stories about it but no proof. Therefor, we can concur it is just a legend until proven otherwise. The person they are meant to love and be with is one the other side of this string. However, in many other myths including the string it says that it can be other fingers too. But mostly the pinkie or the marriage finger.

     "S-so should I-I look?" I ask him. Phil nods excitedly.
     "I will totally help you find them!" He told me reassuringly. Though, I wasn't sure if I wnated to myself. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Nothing bad will happen. Not again... The world can't possibly hate you that much... Right? I finally look down at my red string. It was pulling very tight. It hadn't pulled this hard before. I look at where the string led. Expecting it to be flying out the window connected to a dead corpse. But no. The red string cut short to right beside me. I started to cry. Crystal clear liquid spilled down my cheeks. I've never been this happy in my life. I hug Phil.

"I knew it, Philly." Phil blushes a bright red as if understanding.

"Me too, Danny. Me too."

"Does this mean-" I began. But Phil cut me off and pulled me into a kiss. Fireworks. Like that one song by Interrupted...

"Yes, you spork!" He smiled, doing his adorable tongue popping out thing. I smile back and let out a laugh, "You should've looked ages ago!" Phil insists.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I chuckle. I kiss him one more time and draw him into a big hug. I stop and look at the camera. "Edit that bit out..." Phil kisses me again.

"Yeah, I know."

Phil's POV

Ever since that fateful day I've been happy. Well, I've always been happy. But this was new. This was love that was unexplainable. This was a not me loving someone, but me being in love with someone This was Dan and I's love. And that made me more happy than anything.

 "Hey Danny," I start, "I don't think you'll have to wait much longer," Tears start spilling down my cheeks as I look up at the shining stars. I hold Amree's hand tight. Amree Howell. She looks at me with a smile, her wavy brown hair flying in the wind. Her blue eyes were in tears.

"The doctors say that I'm much worse. Maybe just a day or two. You've waited so patiently this long." I look at the cake beside me. It had candles reading 80 on it. I lived 20 more years than him...

"I miss him too, Dad..." Amree whispers.

"Real soon." I repeat to the stars in the night sky.

"Sorry Philly, I can't wait that much longer," Dan held out his hand. I smiled and took it.

I am so sorry, this really was short. I've always like Red String of Fate stories, so I made one for one of my favorite ships! PHANNNNNN! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this weird and cute story, it was fun to make. Tell me if I should make anymore short stories or anymore Phan stories! Thank you soooo much for reading! And a buh-bye👻

Hey, I decided to edit it! There is a little bit more content and a lot less cringe!