Chapter 1

The cold sank into Anne's bones as she awaited her turn to go in the arena but on the other hand her beautiful dapple grey warmblood Berlin was filled with excitement,adrenaline and just twitching with the urge to go in the arena.

It was the best day of Anne's life when she go chosen to represent New Zealand. She knew with all the  many hours of failure,victory and hard work she could achieve her dream.

Finally her moment to shine had arrived  to  the judge had said ,"number sixty three Anne Rose and Berlin  please enter the arena." So she did what the judge asked. Anne saluted the judge the bell rang indicating that she could start her round Berlin still twitching with excitement she gathered up her rains and went through the start. Holding him until the last three strides and when the moment was right she tapped him with her heals, 1 jump done 12 more to go. She clears the combination,the water jump, the plank and the upright now with only three jumps to go. Will they make it?

Berlin wet with sweat but still going strong they were three strides away from the last two jumps now face to face with the jump she tapes Berlin with her heals but failing to get a good stride she knocks the pole one more jump to go and it was set at one meter 65 the highest she had ever jumped in her life. She Jumped.

CRACK!

Anne falling to the ground hearing a squeal of pain from her horse she tries to help but it was too late the last thing she heard was a gun shot. Her horse was gone...