Prologue

Stars filled bushes shifted and twinkled as a pale she-cat pushed her way through the undergrowth.

"Badger?" She called. A muscular black and white tom bounced down from a branch high above.

"Shell!" He smiled joyfully "You came!"

Badger pressed his nose against hers. She looked at him deeply in his eyes, they sparkled brightly just like his fur. She frowned remembering the day it happened. Thunder crackled. Shell's claws tore up the grass.

"Shell,don't!" Storm cried. Ignoring his cries she tore off into the night. Fire climbed high up into the sky but Shell didn't care.The kits. Lightning struck the tree next to her lighting her fur on fire.

"No!" She yowled. If she died, so would her kits. They'd never get to see the light of day, feel the wind on their fur, hear the meows of their clan mates, smell the scents of fresh kill.

"Shell! Watch out!" Badger cried. The tom lunged towards her pushing her out of the way. Clouds of smoke blurred her vision but she could here the hard branch crashing down onto Badger.

"BADGER!" Her cry was drowned in the sound of his yowl in pain. "Brother..."

"My son!" Storm charged through the smoke towards his son. She saw his face riddled with pain as his eyes settled on Badger. The tom was covered in blood, his eyes blank, staring into nothingness. Shell had so many fond memories with him, playing in the snow, training together. She remembered telling him that she was expecting kits, he was so happy, he couldn't wait to see them but he would never get the chance. Suddenly, she writhed in pain.

"The ki.." she choked "the kits, their coming!"

Storm whirled around in shock as she collapsed onto the ground, her fur still burning. As quick as the striking lightning he grabbed her scruff, dragging her from the fire.

"Harmony!" He cried for the medicine cat. "Shell's kits are coming!"

Pushing through the undergrowth the she-cat emerged, snatching Shell from Storm's grasp.

Shell came back to reality, staring into Badger's eyes.

"Only Scorch survived.." she murmured. He nodded in despair "A son, without a father and without siblings."

"Now, what are you doing here Shell?" A voice grumbled. Shell's stomach dropped. Ocean. She remembered the old she-cat too well as she was her mother, she was abusive and neglectful but that was excused by the murderous agenda Storm got himself into. For so many moons Storm had to fight for his clan's trust, the tom only gained it after he saved Solar.

"Mother..." she struggled to get the right words out "I-I had my."

She stopped. Her eyes had caught movement near Ocean's paws. My kits! Ocean is caring for them!

"These little rascals are a pain in the paw but I love them." She smiled.

"Ocean, get back here! Shell! What are you doing here? You're not meant to be here!" Ocean snarled at the mysterious she-cat.

"She has a right to be here, Scorch is important in the prophecy!" Prophecy! Scorch can't get mixed up in some prophecy and die! He's my only living kit! Shell's stomach dropped, she felt sick. She promised Storm that she'd go see the medicine cat two sunrises ago but, she never did. The mysterious she-cat growled

"Fine, come here Shell." The she-cat padded off, Shell on her tail.

"Mud? Who's this?" A fire coloured tom asked.

"This is Shell, Scorch's mother." The tom frowned

"Oh, I'm sorry Shell. In." He hesitated. "In order for the prophecy to come to pass y-you must."

"You must die sweetie." Shell's mate told her regrettably.

"W-what? Leaf. Our son!" He dropped his eyes to the ground.

"He will be cared for by Storm." He paused "Your father is a good cat Shell, I do not doubt his ability to take care for a kit. He raised you after all."

Shell looked at him, then scanned her eyes among the group of cats. Badger, Leaf, Ocean, Mud and a mysterious flame-coloured tom with green eyes.

"What is this prophecy about? If it includes my son I have the right to know!" The flame-coloured tom faltered.

"The curse of fire shall finally cease

As the wave of the dead crash

The wave will drown the peace

And burn it to ash.

In this time of darkness

Look to the Scorching Sky

Only then will you find happiness

But the kit will still cry."

Shell stared in confusion.

"What does it mean?" The tom shook his head.

"You will find out in due time. Now, I must leave, I have duties to attend to." And just like that, he vanished, and so did she. 

A/N 

This is basically the origin story behind my username. 

Hope y'all like it,