Prologue

Chloe's POV

I ran as fast as I can towards my closet. I was running and I needed to hide from her. I took to steps at a time in our stairs and once I was in the 2nd floor, I quickly opened and closed the door as quick as a rabbit. I locked it for good measure and went for my closet.

But I stopped at first. I had to trick her.

I have to make her think I was somewhere else. I look around my room and think quickly. When my eyes went for the window, an idea immediately came to me.

I opened the window - the cold breeze brushing my skin. I then heard a crash and a trample of feet coming closer to me. The trample got louder and louder and until I heard a wild grunt followed by my door being hit by something heavely, forcing it open

She's here!

I go for the closet and shut it tight. But not loud to get her attention. I wait in darkness and fear. The door kept banging amd her grunts were getting louder and wilder. I wish I would have gone with Dad and my sister, Lilly. But no, I have to stay because she wasn't feeling well. The banging got louder and louder until one last cry of rage, door gave a resounding crunch of wood. She had broke in.

I close my eyes and hold my breath. I hear her feet walk around my room. No doubt finding me. I flinch silenly when her feet came closer to the closet. This kept on for a few minutes until it got silent. I hated the silence. It usually meant that something bad was about to happen. The silence stayed for a few seconds.

Then the closet swung open

I hitched and backed away in fear. Standing over was mom. She was just in an oversized, white tshirt and black shorts. Her hair was unkept and frizzy and her skin looked like it hadn't touch anytjing that wasn't dirt and dust.

What was scary was her eyes. Her eyes, usually filled with kindness and compassion was filled with nothing but madness and darkness. The way her lips cracked to a grin made my skin crawl combined with those mad eyes.

All I know is that this wasn't my mom. This was someone or...something else.

"Outcast...." She breathed.

"No...please no...please give me back my mom..." I shook. She didn't say anything. What she only did was dig in the skin of my legs and pulled me outside with inhuman strength. The only thing at that point was that I was screaming, yelling for help. For her to stop what she was doing. Until everything went into a blur.

And eventually, to black

Okay. I really felt like Lilly would fit in more to the story than Clara. Hence, why Lilly is Chloe's sister here