01 - The Phone Call

"Is everybody having a good time?!" Namjoon shouted into the microphone, all the Japanese Armys shouting at the top of their lungs

"Is everybody having a good time?!" Namjoon shouted into the microphone, all the Japanese Armys shouting at the top of their lungs. They'd just finished performing Fire and we're taking a small break on the stage talking to the fans, going on about random topics. Taehyung stood by Jimin, drinking out of his water bottle as he tried catching his breath from the intense dance they'd just performed. Jungkook was talking about the last time he'd come to Japan, a birthday surprise for Jimin.
"I surprised hyung, he had no idea."

"Jungkookie even got us tickets to Disney and he -" the boys stopped talking for a moment, someone talking into their earpiece.
"Taehyung, I need you backstage" he heard Sejin speak into his ear. Jimin gave him an odd look and Tae shrugged, there was probably something wrong with his microphone he thought.

"You too Jin" Sejin said as Tae started walking off. He saw Sejin on the corner of the stage and an unsettling feeling settled in his stomach at the expression on Sejin's face. As Taehyung approached him he noticed Sejin's assistant was holding his Gucci bag, his passport in hand as well.

"What's wrong?" Tae asked, his heart racing knowing something was wrong but not wanting to say the words out loud. Jin was right behind Tae, standing at his heels.
"Jin your wife just called us, Taehyung ... your wife and kids were involved in a car accident" Sejin said.

"N-no they weren't. I just ... I just saw her. I facetimed her and Nari barely an hour ago" Taehyung shouted, Jin placing a hand on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry Tae but they were. Jin's wife is at the hospital right now. They called her when you didn't answer."

Taehyung reached into his pocket where he kept his phone silenced when on stage. He pressed the home button, a selfie of him, Nari and his wife as the wallpaper. Four missed calls from a random number and five from Jin's wife.
"Fuck" Taehyung choked "how, I need to get home."

"Your things are ready, there's a car outside waiting to take you and Jin to the airport. The flight leaves shortly." Tae started ripping off the several wires that were strapped to him, Jin doing the same.
"We'll be right back army" Tae heard Namjoon announce their set change.

Five set of feet approached, Taehyung shrugging on the jacket Sejin held for him. It was freezing outside.
Freezing ... Tae became still. Snow. Winter. She mentioned there was bad weather coming to Seoul when he'd spoken to her over the phone, Taehyung remembered.

Taehyung bent over, feeling like he was going to hurl out his guts. Tears were steaming down his face. All he was imagining was the absolute worst.
"Hyung?" Jungkook asked, half jogging to Taehyung "Are you not feeling good?" Tae stood, exhaling a breath. They noticed his tears.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asked, looking from Tae to Jin. Jin swallowed before answering.
"Taehyung's wife and kids were involved in a car accident ... were leaving right now" Jin pulled his scarf around him and shrugged on his backpack.
"What?!" the five members all said at once.