Chapter 1

"Have you seen this? How could you allow this to happen, Dave?! That's it she has to go!!"

"We don't know that for sure, darling, lets just talk to them before we come to any conclusions."

"Argh, Fine! Katie, Tash!! Get down here now!!"

Arghh. I'm lying down on my bed listening to Tanya, my step-mum, trying to convince my dad that I'm this devil daughter, for whatever reason she invented now. I get up and grab my jumper as I prepare to see my father's dissappointed look. I drag myself on the sofa, where my step-sister, Tasha, is already waiting with a smirk on her face.

My father stares at me with his dark eyes, looking for an answer I don't even know the question to.

"So, Katie, Tasha, I heard you did well in your English project at school"

"Yeah, dad," I answer, "I got 98%, the highest in school, which means it'll be presented in the district's competition to represent the school."

"Is that right?," asks Tanya.

"Yeah, why?" I ask looking at my dad.

"Well," he starts, "Your principal called, and it seems that both yours and Tasha's projects very similar, too similar"

"How is that possible?"

"Oh come on Katie!" Tasha screeches, "I saw you in my room snooping around! You copied my project!

"Why would i copy you project, English is my best subject. I didn't..."

"Oh come on Dave, enough is enough!!" Tanya interrupts, "you saw Tasha studying every night in her room for this project!

"Yeah, more like sneaking out," I mutter before I get elbowed by Tasha.

My dad looks at me regretfully "I'm sorry Katie, we're sending you to Ashville Academy."

"What? You're sending me to a boarding school?" I ask.

"Not just any boarding school, a boarding school for troubled teenagers," says Tanya with a smirk that mimics her daughter's.

"Dad? You can't be serious?"

"Honey, we just don't know what to do anymore. The cheating, the drugs in your room, running away from school... Maybe this school will help you figure out who you want to be in life and..."

"By going to a school that locks you in your room at night?" I interrupt.

"Sweatie, it's not forever, at the end of the school year we can see how things are going and re-evaluate."

I stare at my father as tears fall down my face, I get up and walk up to my room. I throw myself on the bed and stare at the glow in the dark stars me and my dad put up when I was 6. As I look up at the stars I wonder where the dad I grew up with has gone.