Chapter 1

Emily Scamander watched from her spot on the Hogwarts train as the image of her parents and family grew smaller and smaller.

She sighed and climbed down grabbing her trunk looking through compartments to see if there was any spots available. Jamie had offered her a seat with some of his friends, but she had declined.

This train ride would be a chance for her to make some friends of her own.

Emily wasn't what you would call a social butterfly, she was in fact quite the opposite.

Much like her parents, she enjoyed the company of animals and books more than humans.

Before coming to the platform with her parents, Emily had prepared some flashcards and witty phrases to say in order to make her seem more approachable. (Her Grandma Hazel had supplied her with lots of ideas) This was an opportunity she was not going to miss.

Suddenly a quiet squeak came from her coat pocket, she peeked inside and was shocked to see Pickett poke his little green bowtruckle head out.

"Pickett?!! What on earth are you doing in there?!" Emily hissed frantic, "Oh Merlin, Dad's gonna have a fit when he realizes you're gone!"

The baby Bowtruckle shrugged. The young witch bit her lip and smiled, "Oh alright you can stay. But I'm writing to Dad when we arrive where you are. Honestly Pick you are too much sometimes."

Emily's head perked up as she heard the sound of laughter from the compartment across from her, "Stay hidden Pick." she whispered to the bowtruckle as she slowly inched over and peeked through the compartment window.

Inside sat three girls and one guy, all were around Emily's age. The girls were all laughing at something the boy had said, they all looked very nice and happy.

Removing her face from the window she took a deep breath. "Alright Em, you can do this. Be charming, smart, and overall nice." she coached herself, Pickett poked his head out and gave her a thumbs up.

Smiling, and taking one more breath, she turned towards the door of the compartment and opened it slowly.

"Er, hello sorry to interrupt. But do you mind if I join you? There's no more seats left in the train."

The three girls shot questioning glances at each other before the boy spoke up. "Sure. Take a seat." he said with a voice that radiated power throughout the entire room.

The girls shot toothy smiles at Emily as she shuffled into the room and sat down next to the window.

An awkward silence erupted among the five, Emily gulped "So, Um. I'm Emily." she said attempting an introduction holding out her hand and smiling.

None of them pulled out theirs, they just stared at her suspiciously.

"Shirley." The girl with blonde hair said, "And that's Helen and Marie." she pointed to the girl with wavy brown locks (Much like her Uncle Theseus's) and the other one with bright blue hair.

"And I'm Gerald, pleasure to make your acquaintance." The boy said smartly winking at her. E

mily smiled and waved nervously, Okay stay cool Em keep yourself together. Remember the flashcards...

Marie squinted at Emily as if she was remembering something, "I'm sorry, but your face looks familiar..."

Helen nodded, "Yes I was thinking that too, you look a lot like that hot author guy from the textbook!"

Emily blushed a deep scarlet, "Er, probably because that's my dad." she said quietly.

Emily was used to the girly fan clubs his dad would get. Everyday they would send him fanmail declaring their utmost love to him and sending him chocolates.