Back to 1963

This story is in memory of President John F. Kennedy.
-----
Friday November 22nd, 1963: Dallas, Texas. We know the story; the death of our 35th president, President John F. Kennedy. Tragic day it was. Men, women, and children crying, chaos erupting around the country and the world. Worst of all, a woman lost her husband, two children lost their father, and a man lost his own brother, but there's one girl who's going to change it all.

-----

"Wow, I can't believe that it has been fifty years since Kennedy died!" Alyssa said teasingly.

"Alyssa, you know I love history and Kennedy is my favorite president. Don't make me cry here!" I shouted.

"Well I'm just saying it's hard to believe that he-" she started.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah died fifty years ago, I get it! You know I researched everything about that day and everything about him," I interrupted.

"Okay then... So did you finish your invention?" Alyssa asked in a whisper.

"Yes and I'm going to try it out now! I will see you when I come back. Hopefully I saved you-know-who," I whispered back.

"I know and good luck!" She said as she gave me a hug.

I went home and went straight to my basement where my invention was; The Time Machine 3000. I spent months working on it and I have one thing only to do with it; too save President Kennedy from being killing by Lee Harvey Oswald. I wrote a quick note saying I went for a jog so my parents weren't worried about me.

"Ok," I said to myself as I pinned in the digits. "November 22nd, 1963, Fort Worth, Texas. Here I go!"

I jumped through the portal and I appeared in Fort Worth, Texas. The town was drenched from the rain. There were a lot of people around me. I didn't know if the time machine worked, then I looked at everyone's clothes. Yeah, it worked. No one wears poindexters, pillbox hats, or puffs cigars everywhere they go anymore.

"Excuse me sir, what day is it, and what's happening right now?" I asked a man.

"It's November 22nd and President Kennedy is about to make a speech in front of Hotel Texas," the man replied as he pointed to the hotel with the stage in front of it.

I thanked the man and I pushed my way through to get a better view of the stage. Then, I looked at the town clock and it was nine o'clock. He should be out any minute now. I looked down because I stepped in a puddle then I realized my clothes changed. I thought I looked cute wearing colorful flower pants and a nice cozy sweater. Although my shoes were soaked.

"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls of Fort Worth, Texas. Please welcome President Kennedy!" The man said into the microphone. The crowd cheered as the president walked on stage. He looked so sophisticated and professional. He looked like a nice guy when I read about him, I just don't understand why Oswald killed him. Then again no one does. I listened to his speech and it was exciting to listen to him in person. Before he finished his speech, I pushed my way through the crowd before thousands of hands were on top of me to shake hands with the president.

I figured if I wanted to get to Dallas quickly, I would have to sneak onto Air Force One. So I went to an alley where no one could see me and used my teleporting watch. I wished I fixed it so it could actually take me to faraway places, but I was too lazy to do so. When I found myself on the ground, it turns out I was actually on the plane! I heard men from another room, assuming they heard me fall, so I got up and hid in a nearby closet. I heard the men walk by and they were having a normal conversation. I overheard that they were talking dirty about Lyndon B. Johnson, Kennedy's Vice President. A few minutes later, I heard the president come abroad and we took off.