After closing the gate.

Edit: the first one shots are pretty bad, but I promise they get better, so don't judge by the first ones please.

So umm guys please consider that English is not my first language so if you find any mistake feel free to correct it as long as you do it in a respectful way.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy the book!

Mike had never been so distracted in his life, for as far as he can remember.
They had just arrived to the Byers house (Steve and the kids) when they realized that they had left Billy unconscious on the floor. They had carried him and got him into a bed, where Mike was sitting down, thinking about her.

Eleven.

The moment he saw her coming through the door, his breath just stopped for a moment, his heart skipped a beat and then began beating faster than ever, and when he looked at her, straight into her eyes, the hole room, and everyone in there, disappeared all of sudden. And it was only the two of them.
When he hugged her, he got the feeling of a thousand of butterflies in his stomach. Actually, it felt like a million of elephants were kicking him in the stomach, but he didn't care.
He thought she would finally stay, and for good, and it was all just for her to be taken away once again, away from him, to do something that may be the last thing she does.

No. She promised. She promised me she would take care, she will be fine.

Mike was just lost in his own world, when he heard the sound of a car parking outside the house.

He felt like he had his heart on his throat, feeling like he wouldn't be able to breath again until he saw her.

Yet, he actually got a little disappointed when Eleven didn't exit the car but Joyce, Jonathan, Nancy and Will did. He did feel slightly happy that his best friend was fine, though.

Just when he was about to go inside the house, he heard again the same sound of a car parking. He turned around, only to see Hopper, holding Eleven in his arms.
Mike didn't stop to think twice. He ran into Joyce's room, and with all his strength, he pushed Billy off the bed.

He ran outside, and screamed at Hopper "HOPPER! OVER HERE!" Hopper just then looked at him, and followed him inside. Mike signaled him the empty bed.
Hopper laid Eleven in the bed, turning around to se Mike with the most concerned and worried face ever. Mike just sat next to Eleven, held her hands, and stare at her. Even with all of that blood covering her face, he still thought she was really pretty.
Hopper turned around to leave them alone, he knew how much they had missed each other, they deserved a moment of privacy.

Mike used his sleeve to clean El's face, being careful with every single touch.
He just sat there, waiting for her to wake up. She was now with him, and nothing would get them apart now. Mike would make sure of that.

"M-Mike" Eleven said in a really low yet beautiful for Mike's ears, while opening her eyes.
"Eleven" Mike said, looking straight into her eyes. "You are now ok, you did great, El, you saved us again. You are home. You are with me now." El looked into Mike's beautiful eyes, seeing tears stream down his face, as well as feeling tears stream down hers. She sat up, and couldn't resist any longer. She threw herself into his arms, being there the only place she felt actually safe. She felt home now.
Mike kept crying and sobbing while he was hugging El, not wanting to let go. Never again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

576 words