Chapter One

Two Months Ago

I was walking around with Elena just talking with her. She was like a sister to me. I had no siblings until now. My stepmother is really mean. She treats me like a slave, but my stepsister is really nice. I was walking at night heading to a store to buy a pregnancy test because I have been feeling sick for some reason. So I bought a pregnancy test. I went to my bathroom at my house and took the test. It was positive. I was speechless. I threw it away.

Present Day

I am 2 months pregnant and I'm in school and everyone is just looking at me strangely. I just ignored them. It was night and I was walking home from the grill and I heard something behind me. I turned around and seen nothing. I then turned back around and someone is right in front of me. The guy has black hair with icy blue eyes. I thought he was extremely cute. "Hello beautiful." He said. "I'm Damon." "I'm Lauren." I said. "I have to get home now see ya." I said and left. After that I got home and went to my room and worked on homework. The next day I was at the sheriff's office just talking to her because my stepmother was found dead because of an 'animal' attack. After talking to her she decided to give me a ride to the hospital for a check up on my baby. The baby turned out to be a boy. After the check up I was hanging out with Elena and Stefan. "Did you find out what gender the baby is?" Elena asked me. "Yeah I did." I replied. "What gender is it?" Elena asked me. "Well it's a boy." I said happily. "Really a boy." Elena said. "Yep." I said smiling. "Did you figure out a name yet?" Elena asked. "Yeah I was thinking Max." I said smiling. I was walking home when I felt like I was being watched. I then turned around to see the guy I met the other day. "Hello Lauren." He said smirking.