Still Doll

The girl awoke screaming, tears running down her face. After she had calmed a bit she wiped her eyes and looked around. ' Where am I? This isn't my room ' she thought, frowning. She was sitting in an empty room. The only light coming in through a small window on the wall to her right.

The girl, Sarah, she remembered, slowly stood on shaky legs. She used the wall for support as she began to walk towards to window. When she got there, she had to grab the windowsill for fear of falling. ' Ugh. Why is it so hard to move my legs? ' Sarah looked out the window, but all she could see was what looked to be another wall. ' That doesn't make any sense. I've never seen a wall so enormous. '

Suddenly there was laughter all around her. Sarah was so startled that she let go of the windowsill and fell to the ground. She tried to get back up, but the floor was trembling beneath her and her legs seemed to have stopped working. The laughter was coming closer. The girl squeezed her eyes shut, afraid of what she'd see, and laid down.

There was a bright light behind her eyelids and she tried to block the light with her arms, but they seemed to have stopped working too. Then Sarah completely tensed up. She was being picked up by...something. She didn't what, but whatever it was had a hand big enough to wrap around her entire torso.

Sarah's eyes flew open and she choked on a scream. The wall with the window was gone and she was looking into the face of a little girl. The child looked no older than seven, but there wasn't really anything little about her. She was huge. The ' little ' girl held her easily in one giant hand.

Sarah tried to wriggle free, but the child had a painfully tight grip on her. She tried to open her mouth and scream, but her body wouldn't cooperate. ' What is wrong with me? ' she asked herself. ' Why can't I move? '. There was more giggling, but this time it was joined by different voice. Another ' little ' girl appeared, holding a Ken doll.

Time seemed to slow down for the girl. The giant children ' played ' with her and Ken for hours. It felt more like torture. They twisted her arms, legs, and head until she was sure she'd pass out from the pain. But she didn't. They dressed her up in so many different outfits, Sarah had lost count and they had even dropped her a few times.

Please let this end soon. Please! ' Sarah prayed and prayed that this was just a dream, that someone would come and save her. Nothing happened though. She was only a toy these ' kids ' like to play with. Why would anyone want-no, need to save her? She was nothing but a still doll.

It was dark. Terrifyingly dark. And so cold.

Then, out of nowhere, a somehow pain-filled Deja-Vu hit the girl hard. She woke up screaming, tears running down her face.

' Where am I? '