one | don't you want me?

After placing a Fleetwood Mac vinyl onto her record player, Hayley lifted the needle and let it drop gently onto her album of choice.

Hearing the sweet sound of the intro to Everywhere, Hayley's favourite Fleetwood Mac song, the girl jumped onto her bed and moved her hips around.

"Can you hear me callin', out ya name" Hayley began, moving her body to the music as her half-orange and half-pink hair flipped around. "You know I've fallen and I don't know what to say."

Jumping off of her bed, Hayley ran over to her dressing table and picked up a hair brush. Placing the brush toward her mouth, the girl began performing for no one but the reflection in her mirror.

"Oh I-I-I-I-I, I wanna be with you everywhere" Hayley continued, clicking her fingers together along with the music filling her bedroom.

Hayley had recently moved back home - well, by recent, it was three years ago.

Yes, as a 27 year old woman, Hayley lived with her father and younger brother, Joshua. And sang along to music with a hairbrush.

Opening the door to his sister's bedroom, Joshua spotted the girl in her nightie singing along to one of the old bands that she seemed to idolise.

"Get out!" Hayley called out over the loud sound of her music. Picking up a pillow from her bed, the girl threw it at her doorway in aim of Josh. "I'm getting ready."

Joshua didn't budge, he was too busy chuckling at Hayley's solo performance. He couldn't say he wasn't used to his sister being entertaining - she started her days off much like this, every single day.

"Josh, go away" Hayley sighed, before heading to her door and slamming it shut in front of her brother's face.

Hayley and Joshua didn't always get along. Hayley blamed their ten year age gap, Joshua blamed it on the simple fact she wasn't a brother.

The pair had their good times, of course. And they didn't want to kill each other - well, not usually, anyway.

Hayley and Joshua were sort of the average teenage siblings, except Hayley had just forgotten to grow out of those teenaged traits.

Turning away from her door and heading for her wardrobe, Hayley opened the doors and searched through her endless amount of clothes for something to wear on her date.

Hayley's boyfriend, Jeremy, was set to arrive in twenty minutes. She really hadn't thought out the time she would need to get ready, so she was going to need to rush.

Picking up a pair of black skinny jeans from her carpet, Hayley gave a simple shrug and slipped her legs into them. Those should do.

Flicking through her coat hangers, the brightly haired girl grinned at the sight of her new velvet crop top. It was a light blue colour.

The top was a present from her birthday from Jeremy. He loved her in it, so it seemed like a good choice for the pairs' six month anniversary.

Heading back over to her dresser, the sound of Fleetwood Mac continued to fill Hayley's ears as she applied some simple makeup.

After applying foundation, Hayley went for a quick coat of mascara on her eyelids and some brow gel to set her eyebrows in place. She would usually apply more makeup, but she was pretty time restricted today.

Spritzing some perfume over herself, Hayley finished getting ready by slipping on some Converse sneakers and turning off her record player.

Grabbing her handbag on her way out, Hayley jogged downstairs to the sight of her father and brother watching television.

"Cya, Dad" Hayley called out, the pair having their backs to her as they sat on the lounge in the living room.

"Bye, darling" Hayley's father replied, before letting out a sigh. "Joshua, say goodbye to your sister."

Josh groaned in frustration, wondering why it was him being told off and not his sister. Giving in, the male rolled his eyes. "Goodbye," the male spoke in a flat tone.

Heading outside, Hayley jogged over excitedly to Jeremy's car which had just arrived.

Grinning from ear to ear, Hayley hopped inside her boyfriend's car. She was oh so happy to see him, especially after the tough time she'd been having at work recently.

Jeremy hadn't been around so much in recent time. He was busy with his own work, touring in a band as a bassist. Hayley understood and the pair worked through it.

The relationship was perfect. Or so, Hayley thought.

Placing her seatbelt on, Hayley then turned and planted a kiss on Jeremy's lips.

Jeremy felt stiff under Hayley's lips. He wasn't kissing her back, just sitting in the driver's seat numbly.

"Hey, what's up?" Hayley asked as she pulled away, feeling worried. Jeremy wasn't usually so off.

"I..." Jeremy trailed off, not knowing where to start with what was truly on his mind. "Um, were should we go?"

"We were going to see Good Charlotte, remember?" Hayley asked in a disappointed tone, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, I was thinking we could do something else" Jeremy shrugged, looking out of the door window as if to avoid seeing his girlfriend's face.

"Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong? You're being weird... Why?" Hayley bombarded her boyfriend with questions, feeling confused.

Jeremy went to high school with Hayley, although he was a couple years older than her.

Hayley had crushed on Jeremy - hard. After he graduated, the pair lost contact. That was until Hayley was in a club one night, where Jeremy was playing.

After dreaming of being with Jeremy for so long, it finally happened. The night of his show, the pair instantly hit it off again.

Jeremy had taken Hayley back to his place, where they slept together. Jeremy figured it was just a one night stand, but he soon fell for Hayley. She never complained, she was always there for him. She was good to him.

"I... I think this is you trying to break up with me, isn't it?" Hayley asked Jeremy, before sighing. "It is, isn't it?"

Hayley leaned closer to Jeremy, cupping the male's face in her hands.

Jeremy moved Hayley's hands away, feeling guilty any time she touched him.

"We've grown apart, that's all" Jeremy shrugged, coming up with an excuse.

"Jeremy, you're just saying that. We haven't grown apart!" Hayley raised her voice, before looking down.

Wiping at her eyes, Hayley didn't want to cry. Not right now, not in front of Jeremy. In fact, she hated being vulnerable at any time.

Leaning forwards to the glovebox of Jeremy's car, Hayley was searching for the tickets to the gig.

"What are you do-" Jeremy began, leaning forwards in a rush to stop Hayley from opening the glovebox.

It was too late. What Hayley's eyes fell on weren't in fact tickets for a concert, and instead a pair of black lace underwear.

"I can explain!" Jeremy exclaimed, feeling embarrassed and guilty all at once.

"Just a minute ago you were sitting here barely explaining yourself, yet when I find a pair of underwear all of a sudden you claim you have answers?" Hayley spoke as she sobbed, not being able to hold back her emotions. "I don't even want to know."

Hayley gave Jeremy a stare, opening her mouth to continue speaking. She then shut it and shook her head.

"No. In fact, I never want to see your face again" Hayley stood her ground as she opened the passenger seat door.

Getting out of Jeremy's car, Hayley then slammed the door behind her and ran off.

Hayley didn't care for where she was going, she just had to get away.