4.1 | o n e .

AN INVOLUNTARY SCREAM escaped her lips as the hellhounds advanced on Dean

          AN INVOLUNTARY SCREAM escaped her lips as the hellhounds advanced on Dean.  The fear in his eyes was overwhelming and Makayla resisted Lilith's grip further, her limbs straining as she attempted to rip herself from the wall to which she was pinned beside Sam.

"Stop, please!  Dean!"

Makayla shrieked and pleaded, begged incomprehensibly as she watched her twin brother get torn to shreds in front of her eyes, blood beginning to sputter out of his gaping chest as he screamed in agony. Tears poured down both of their faces.

"No!  Dean!"

Makayla pushed with all of her weight, trying to pry herself free from the demon's grasp, but a sharp pained stabbed into her stomach as she found herself beginning to sputter; the taste of blood filled her mouth.

The girl sobbed, blood dripping from her lips as her twin brother slowly faded before her eyes... and even though she couldn't touch him, couldn't reach out to him, she could recall the exact second his heart stopped beating- because that was the moment that she lost the best piece of herself.

Sam flinched as his sister let out the most bloodcurdling wail yet, her breathing labored and dry.  He had yet to accept their fates- Dean couldn't be dead.  He couldn't be...

Suddenly, Makayla became intensely aware of the sound of Lilith's disgustingly pleased laughter, high in pitch and making her skin crawl.

Makayla turned her head towards her, her overwhelming sorrow turning to pure fiery rage.

"You fucking heartless bitch, I'm going to string you up and bleed you dry, you filthy, disgusting whore-"

"Save your breath, sweetheart."

She snarled, her white eyes staring straight into Makayla's soul.

What happened next didn't affect Makayla at the time; watching her twin brother get butchered and slaughtered had a tendency to distract.

Lilith raised her hand and a piercing white light burned through the air, aimed directly towards the remaining Winchesters.

Makayla flinched and recoiled into herself, the sheer brightness searing her skin red.

But then it stopped, and when she opened her eyes, there was the mere silhouette of a man standing in front of her, shielding her from the deadly rays of Lilith's magic.

She did not know where the man came from.  She did not know who the man was.

But she did know that the man had wings.

It ended as soon as it had begun- the light faded and the shadow of the man was gone.  Makayla fell forward to her hands and knees, Lilith's pressure upon her and Sam dissipating right alongside her blast.