Chapter 1 - Dreams (Lance's POV)

The ships flew around, shooting at the lions of Voltron. Keith was mumbling under his breath as the red lion got hit. (All in original lions). I took good old blue and attacked the next one that aimed for him. I was not going to let him die. But why? After a while, Red was able to move again and got into battle as we soon formed Voltron. We took out almost all of them when the Galora used their canon, nearly hitting Red if i hadn't made Blue leave Voltron, making Voltron fall apart and go in different directions. I heard Keith breathing roughly and I wanted to get to him. To hold him in my arms. Next thing I knew, I heard Shiro say something like pull back. Blue and I got Red and led them back to the ground of the planet we had been fighting on. I got out of Blue and ran to Keith who was now sitting on the ground breathing heavily.
"You and Red took a huge hit. You should relax."
Suddenly a loud noise came at us. I moved and felt myself get hit through the chest as Keith's eyes widened in horror.
"L-Lance!"
His voice was weak but he moved quickly as I fell, catching me in his arms. I looked up into his lilac eyes as everything started to fade. I heard voices, but the only one I could make out was Keith.
"Babe... don't leave..."
Everything went dark.
I shot up from my bed.
'Why do I keep having this dream? And why did that Keith guy call me babe?'
I stood up and walked to the bathroom of my apartment. I had just gotten out of college the year before and now I was starting my first year as a high school Chemistry teacher at Voltron Academy. (If you have a better name for the school, you can tell me) I got in the shower and quickly washed up. I didn't have a class till the second hour (or period) of school. I got out and dried off then went into my bedroom and to my closet. I grabbed a blue tank top and black dress pants. I put on a black dress button up and look in the mirror at my wet brown hair. I sigh and dry off my hair with my towel before heading back to my bathroom.
"That dream is going to mess me up... and why was I calling that guy babe? And why were we in space? Ugh."
I finished and brushed out my hair. I headed out of my apartment after grabbing my tan jacket and my keys, locking the door. I went down a few flights of stairs and into the apartment building's parking lot. I walked over to my blue Ferrari 458 Italia (picture). I climbed in and started it. The engines purr made me completely forget everything around me. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to school. As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a red motorcycle pull in. As I parked, I looked over and my eyes widened as the dream flooded my mind.
"Why does he look like... Keith?"
I mumbled to myself as the guy on the motorcycle had removed his helmet and shook his hair. My heartbeat filled my ears.
'What is wrong with you Mister Lance McClain?'